1.13.2009

Daily Rant #2

So, uh, my first 'Daily Rant' was way back in September and I haven't done one since...apparently I am trying to redefine the definition of daily. It's surprising really because I have a lot to rant about so....where are all my rants? Well here is one for you: I can't stand New Years and everyone with their New Years Resolutions. 1) New Years bums me out. You have to start all over and it means you are one year older and one year closer to becoming old and withered and dusty. Boo on that. I don't want to be old. I don't even want to be 40. I want to stay in my mid-to late twenties forever. Getting old sucks - just ask old people. 2) Whyyyyyyyy the big hoo-hah about New Years Resolutions? I have never understood it nor have I ever made one. A person makes short and long term goals all year long - they can do it whenever they want. Then people say "It's a new year so it's a fresh start." WTF? A fresh start is whenever you want to make one. Why does a fresh start have to begin at the start of a new year? Here's a little hint: Time doesn't reset itself at the new year....it keeps going. It is so dumb to me. All this Resolution stuff has been in and out of my mind for the last two weeks and I have been meaning to write about it sooner. People keep reminding me about how much all this stuff bugs me because they get up and bear their testimony about what they are going to do better this year and other people come up and ask me what my New Years Resolution is. K, why do you even care to ask that question and let me guess...yours is to lose weight? Yeah you and eleventy seventy million other people who wait for a "new year and a fresh start" and you will all run out and get gym memberships and the gyms will be overflowing for about three weeks until these people start dropping off like flies - and they will, too. SO RETARDED.

No comments:

Post a Comment