1.05.2009

Christmas Morning

Paul and I always do Christmas morning by ourselves before going and visiting family (yeah we've only been married for two Christmas' but before that we would wait til Christmas night after he was done with his side of things and we would do it ourselves then, too).
When it comes to Christmas, I am married to a 10-yr old. No joke. If it wasn't for Paul always reminding me how many days we had left til Christmas, I could've easily let it creep up on me. Paul was worried that he might not be able to get to sleep Christmas Eve because he gets so excited....seriously should I be worried about breaking laws for being married to a minor? Christmas is fun and all but as an adult...I just don't feel the magic and I haven't since I was oh, I don't know...fifteen?
However, he was sooooo cute come Christmas morning. He was wide awake at 6 a.m. but he knew that he wasn't allowed to wake me up til at least 7. So he sat in bed awake (while I slept like a rock) till 6:30 and then he snuck out of the room and went downstairs. He got me up at 7 - damn him! - and I went downstairs to find our presents stacked in our individual piles with a fire blazing, Christmas music on the stereo and steamin' hot cups of chocolate (he even boiled the water-no microwave was used)!
I wuv him!! It was so perfect and I just love that he would do that and it brought the 'magic' of Christmas back for me.
And we commensed the opening! Apparently we were good this year - cuz he got everything he wanted and I got everything I wanted and he loved his surprises and I loved my surprises.

And Bacardi loved his surprise - he loves these bones I get from IFA that have all the fat and grissell still on them. We tryed to get him to rip it open himself...I even put treats inside the wrapping paper. He wasn't into it. Maybe next year :-):
Then Christmas was over...basically. Sad! And then our tree looked like this:

Hope ya'll had a wonderful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment