7.02.2009

Wedding BBQ

Last weekend was yet another jam-packed, on-the-go, crazy weekend. Much fun was had, however. Our weekend started off with a double-date with my sister, Amber and her boyfriend, Kevin. We had dinner at Gepetto's (a super cute restaurant with the best pizza I've ever had) and then laughed our wee little bum's off at WiseGuys. Paul and I were singled out a lot by the headlining comedian - he had me in tears!
So then comes Saturday - which was playoffs and championship game (which was lost) for Paul's team, the Raven's, and then the wedding dinner for my sister and her fiance - which was really just a casual laid back barbeque at her house. It was great fun. Friday I had cut and cooked 20 lbs of potatos for the potato salad I was in charge of bringing. So I woke up early enough to get my work out in and make sure I had time to make a salad out of all those potatoes, attend two football games, a trip to the store, and getting ready to get to the dinner early.
The food was sooooooo good and we had a great time sitting around talking to each other and hanging out.

My family just sprawled out on a blanket in the shade.



This is my niece, who I am always saying is gorgeous, because she really is.


My parents

After everone was happily fed, each of the immediate family members took a turn telling a funny story about Amanda and Kenny's past. Amanda had a pretty colorful past and knew we had some pretty crazy stories to tell and roast her we did!! This is Amanda laughing at the stupid stuff she did. Ahhhh the memories.

My dad never gets up in front of people, not that he can't, he just doesn't. So we were all surprised when he actually did. He was telling a super funny story about when she was a baby...too long to write down.
Amber telling about how Amanda (when she was only 18) tried to tell my mom her new tattoo wasn't permanent and would wash off in just a few days..... yeah, it wasn't going to.
My mom telling everyone how Amanda burned up a brand new engine for our Bronco that my dad re-built....
Morgan, Gaven and I all had funny stories, too. Like when she dragged Morgan up the stairs by his feet when he was little and his head hit every single stair going up. Or the time she was doing an updo for my Junior Prom and there was a chunk of hair that didn't get placed and so instead of trying to pin it somewhere, she decided she would just rip it out. Nice.
Bronsynn and I - always posing for the camera:


Towards the end of the night, Bronsynn started a waterfight with Sheri. It was so funny - the two Maid of Honors going at it!! They were so soaked!

We all hung around towards the end of the evening. In't my hubband a cutie pie?? Oh I adore him!

And lastly, Kenny and Bronsynn. Kenny and Amanda have had an off and on relationship for nearly 11 years. Kenny loves Bronsynn like his own daughter and she has loved him ever since she was a toddler. These two have so much fun together and he's so very protective of her. Our family is ecstatic that Bronsynn now has someone she views as her father and that this man loves her as his own. He wanted to adopt her a long time ago and that has never changed so after Amanda and Kenny get married, that's exactly what they will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment