6.29.2009

O My Father

Fathers' Day was a pretty packed day. I was up early making chocolate chip cookies for Primary. The day before we held a primary activity for the kids where they each get to decorate an old tie up real funky with all sorts of fun things and then wrap it and give it to their fathers to wear on Sunday. It's really funny to see all these men show up wearing ties with springs, fuzzy balls and googly eyes popping out of their ties - some wearing several ties at once because they have several kids in primary. Then all the fathers come with their kids to primary where we had a really fun sharing time game and the kids versed the dads (or grandpa's or whoever they brought). I got the biggest kick out of watching these dads with their kids. The men were such good sports and when they had to sing a song in a silly way (my favorites were Cowboy, Noses-Plugged, and Opera) they really got into and had their kids laughing. And of course we all ate chocolate chip cookies.
After church we headed straight over to Grandma Budd's to celebrate with Paul's family. Paul's uncle Chuck also had a birthday. We ate with them and it was really good - super amazing bbq chicken! Paul and I had already picked up Mike's fathers day present which was stowed away in the back of our 4-Runner. We all went out to the car to show Mike what he got (not that he didn't already know).
His new Barbequer!:
Paul pretending the barbequer is actually his:
We finished up with some cake (the really awesome kind from Costco with the super yummy filling and ten miles of frosting) and then Paul and I had to take off to meet up with my fam. Oh the joys of splitting up the holidays. Not.
Everyone at my house was outside when we arrived and the homemade ice cream was just finishing up. It's a family favorite to sit around the fire pit and chill out so that's what we did:


Benny and me:
My hunk of a husband:
After ice cream was finished, we headed down to Bluffdale park to do some slack lining. My brother Morgan is way into it and it's obvious since he is the only one who doesn't need someone to hold him up. Slack lining is SO hard!!! And the wind was ferocious so that didn't help any either. I was determined to do some of it by myself but I didn't manage to do much. It's a lot harder than it looks!!! We got some funny videos but I am not going to take the time to post them.

Aiden and Dallin - so cute!:

My mom giving it a go...and then Morgan:
Me (trying really hard!)....and Amber:
Paul...and then Gaven, who shouldn't even be attempting this with his collar bone:
Paul and I goofing off in the bed of the truck on the way home - I know, I know - we're adorable:
We came home and Dad opened up all his cards. Lately he has been collecting gift cards from Cabella's for some one-man fishing boats and other gear. But this time, he got several Home Depot cards to add to his pile of H.D. cards he already has so he can go and get himself and newer, bigger barbecuer.
And as we were leaving I noticed that Bronsynn and I practically matched. We both had on the exact same style shirt from Aeropostale and we're both hot - so we match!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the "40's smokey movie look" photo of Paul at the top of your post. I didn't know he needed the special effects yet. ;-) It sounds like you had fun with your dads. Treasure these days. I miss my dad, though I still talk to him, not by phone but just randomly out loud to the concerned stares of the neighbors, but hey, you do what ya gotta do.

    ReplyDelete