6.29.2009

Oquirrh Temple Open House

So I have some catching up to do. Again. I have become somewhat lazy.

The Saturday before Father's Day, Paul and I had tickets for the Oquirrh Temple Open House. We had originally planned to take his parents (who aren't members, or active members...one of the two) but something came up in their schedule and we were left with three extra tickets.
Well Amanda K and I were talking and since they planned on going soon, we just invited them along with us and merrily we went! Bronsynn, my niece, took up the third extra ticket. She really wanted to come along and see what a temple is like and I was glad to be able to go through with her.
So after Amanda's very cute baby shower at her sister's very cute house (and my very cute baby towel I made her...he he he), Paul and I picked up Bronsynn and then met Amanda and Spencer at Red Robin - which was a first for me and I have to say I liked it mucho. It was also down pouring buckets of rain the entire evening so we were drenched on our way in and out of the restaurant. Our shoes were filled with water. I am so happy I now keep an umbrella in my car at all times so that our clothes stayed somewhat dry!
At the temple, some of Spencer's family members met up with us and we all walked through together. I really thought it was beautiful...and small. I knew the rooms would be smaller in contrast to the bigger temples I am used to, but I still was surprised at just how small everything was. Small and pretty. I really enjoyed having Bronsynn with me because even though she has gone to church with my family since she was a baby, she is not a member of the church yet (her mom has yet to allow Bronsynn to make that choice). She is old enough to be able to do baptisms and I can't take her, which would be really nice, but at least she was able to see inside the temple. I especially enjoyed talking to her about the baptism font and the sealing rooms.
When we all met up in the 'Cookie Tent', we had a fun time chomping on some cookies and being goofy with the camera.


Paul and myself with my niece, Bronsynn:


Our Husbands being 100% retarded (although we wouldn't love 'em any other way):


Believe or not, they actually can be serious every now and then:



Amanda and I:


So HOT!!!!
And the parents-to-be:
As we headed to our cars, thankfully the rain had stopped and I was able to snap a picture of the Angel Moroni statue, post lightening strike (you can see how his arm and trumpet are black):


No comments:

Post a Comment