6.14.2009

The Bachelorette Party

My summer craziness has officially begun. Starting with this past weekend, I don't have a single Saturday free until after my anniversary in August. It's gonna be one crazy ride. Anyhooslebees, Saturday was a bit crazy. Besides Paul's football games and regular Saturday shiz, my sister's bridal shower and a good friend's wedding reception took place.
The bridal shower was up at The Lodge at Snowbird. Between Amanda and Kenny, these two already have everything they could need and she didn't need a typical shower. So what her Maid-of-Honor did was book two room at The Lodge, had each person pay a certain amount of money (instead of gifts) and then we all just enjoyed each other's company and had a swell time getting pampered. Sheri booked a massage therapist, a master esthetician, and a psychic and tarot card reader. Quite excellent!
It was amazingly beautiful up there, especially after all the rain. So green and so refreshing, I can't even tell you. I loved it. We had an amazing view:
We could walk out the sliding doors onto the back patio and go next door to the other room that held all the pampering. Later at night, it poured like crazy and the effect it had on the mountains was pretty amazing. Amazing seems to be my special word for this post. Sorry about that.
Okay so I arrived and hun out for about two hours and then I had to change and drive all the way back down to attend the wedding reception of a really good friend of mine. Paul met me there and we were in and out and then I was headed back up to the mountains. It was a lot of driving time and my head and butt both protested the whole way. Whattyado?

We had facials and pedicures. This one is my mom:
We had massages (that felt soooooooo good):

We had our Tarot cards read. This one is my sister, Amber:
Me shuffling the cards to have my reading done:


And my mom even had her reading done (not expected!):


We stuffed ourselves on super yummy food all night long (who needs diets?):


I wanted to hit that up super bad but didn't have the time before it closed. I was bummed. I thought I would try again in the morning when it opened up at 10:00 but that didn't work out, either. All I wanted was to sit in a hot tub against the mountains and relax!! For crying out loud!
Not everyone could stay the night but it was fun. We didn't hit the sack until 2 a.m. and I was dog tired fo' sho. My sister tried to work her magic and get the guys downstairs to open the hot tub for us, but it was not meant to be. Pretty funny stuff, though.

This is Sheri, Amanda's best friend, one of two Maid-of-Honors, the brains behind this brilliant party, and a friend of mine as well:
Mother and daughter:

Me with my sister - the Honoree of this shindig:
The Madsen women (How hot are we? Answer: Dangerously!):

No comments:

Post a Comment