6.19.2009

A Day With The Chil'ren

Tuesday I had nothing really spack-tack-ular going on and I had promised my nephews that sometime soon I would come out and we would make some fun treats. So we picked out some fun recipes and I headed out to 'Grandma's House' to spend the day with my niece and nephews.
When I arrived, the boys were just finishing up there lunch on the tramp with Bronsynn and Gaven. The latter two had slept out on the tramp the night before and they all were having a grand ol' time bouncin' away on top of blankets.
Bacardi loves to come out to my parents' place so I take him as often as I can. He mainly runs around, peeing on everything and knocking the kids over. Good times.
The kids had a pillow fight, which is all fun and games until Gaven unwisely throws a pillow at Aiden while he is standing near the edge and nearly knocks him over the edge:
In which case, Bronsynn makes it all better:
When the tears were over, we headed out to the horses to visit with the new foal. And then we went inside to wash up and start cookin'. The boys love to help cook things so it was fun to make things that they could help a lot with.
First we made Surprise Cupcakes. We mixed the batter together, spooned some of that into the muffin cups and then the boys put oreos on each of the cupcakes and we covered them up with more batter. (I am adding batter to my list of Words I Hate.)
While those baked, we made some peanut butter Nilla treats dipped in chocolate. I would top a Nilla wafer with peanut butter and they would take turns topping that with another wafer.
Then they each got to dip those cookie sandwhiches in chocolate.

Then we went back and finished our cupcakes by topping them with Cool Whip and an Oreo on top. Dallin was quite tuckered out and had fallen asleep so Aiden did a few with out him:
Hey Mikey, I think he likes it:
We finished up with a little Fantastic Four and then eventually I headed home with Bronsynn as a stow away.

1 comment:

  1. Your nephews are blessed to have an aunt like you. I vote to have you as my unofficial aunt so you can come over and make me treats...something like a tiramisu (not because I necessarily like tiramisu, but because is sounds complicated and I've always been a dificult niece).
    Oh, and visit my blog before monday afternoon - 'kay.
    Oh, and don't forget to visit Steph's.
    Oh, and...well, nothing else...just trying to keep the conversation going with my one grown up friend. ;-)

    ReplyDelete