7.25.2009

Progress Is Being Made!

This last Thursday we were gifted with our patio!

Yessssssssss!

My dad did this, with me as his side-kick and fellow concrete-er, and he did it on his birthday. He turned 55 Thursday and this was HIS present to ME!! What a great dad!



Behold, The Process:


The Before...and After:



That's my dad's good buddy at Alta View bringing in the cement:

And this is my poor zucchini plant that was smushed by the cement truck (I didn't do a garden this year for this exact reason, but this plant came up all on its own. I didn't expect it to get very far though):

Getting started:

Smoothing things over:

Throwing on some pixie dust:

Me taking a break and playing with the neighbors dog. He is sooooo cute. He will come to this hole and bark at Bacardi until Bacardi comes and pays attention to him. He would be a good snuggle dog:

Stampin' it up!:

The next morning I woke up to the sound of a diesel idling out front. I thought that it was just a truck waiting to turn onto 3200 but after a few seconds it hit me that it could be my dad. And there he was, just sitting in my driveway. I had no idea he was even heading over - that's my dad for you.


So he brought over the power-washer and washed off all the stain:

And then he took to the saw and and sawed the lines in:

And wallah! We have a patio!! Yay! Now that the wedding is done and gone, things should start moving a little quicker...we hope.

2 comments:

  1. It looks grrreat! I love the curves. It looks like you have a color added. True? And yes, you have an awesome dad. Dads are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - the color is Mocha - how classy are we??

    ReplyDelete