2.24.2011

Re-Motivation

I am getting re-motivated...on my food storage :) I need to get my butt back in gear and put the finishing touches on my 3 month supply recipes and charts. But I've also decided to really focus on finally getting my 72-hour kits done as well as work harder on my water supply. I have ideas floating around my head such as going to the DI for packs, hitting up the dollar stores, and putting together a binder of all instructions and how-to's that I might need during disaster (since this is typically stuff I wouldn't do on a day-to-day basis). Learning how to make bread from scratch - as in grind your own wheat scratch - is still something I have yet to accomplish. I have tonz of organizing I have to get done in the next few months and I've been brainstorming on where to put everything I have (both food storage related and non) and things I still need to acquire. I start feeling pretty overwhelmed with it all BUT!! never fear....I like lists and I am going to make me a MOTHER list and I will get things accomplished one tiny little step at a time. GO ME!!

Go to Safely Gathered In and click on resources at the top for some free printouts. Click on Emergency Preparedness for lists for car kits (done!!) and 72-hour kits. I even gathered supplies for a cardboard oven (so proud of myself!!). Here are some other websites I browsed today:

Safely Gathered In: Water Series

Provident Living: Drinking Water

FEMA: Water Guidlines

EPA

3 comments:

  1. We just looked into wheat grinders because we're on the same journey! We should bake bread together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are WAY too on the ball for me...I don't even think I can look you in the face any more because I am sooo unworthy...but I will be visiting your house when the end comes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found your blog again through facebook:) (I "lost" it after we got a new computer and a new baby, ha) I realized that you were expecting just this past Sunday. Congrats! I'm curious about your birth plans (if you don't mind sharing). I went "natural" with 4 of my 5 kids- the last two with "hypnobabies" and a doula. It was an awesome experience- if you are interested in my story, I love to share it. Here is another link that has info about "natural mothering" http://kellythekitchenkop.com/2010/04/thank-god-the-la-leche-league-brought-breastfeeding-back.html
    BTW- I have a sourdough start I could share when you want to try homemade bread from scratch. (it is actually easier and healthier than commercial yeast)
    BTW again- You still look like you are in awesome shape. I hope you love your body now! (It gets a little harder too after 5 kids and your 40th b-day!)

    ReplyDelete