2.08.2011

Baby Stats

Thank you for the comments and congrats!!

(This is the present that Paul's parents opened when we announced that we are pregnant => I used the ribbon idea from my creative friend, Amanda, and then I put on the baby and embossed those cute little feet on there. Very non-gender specific and cute, I think!)

I'd thought I'd put the stats on a post of it's own so that it's easier.

  • I am nearly 4 months, I think. 15 weeks to be exact.
  • My exact due date is Aug. 2 but I really want that sucker to come in July so that's what I say: 'the end of July'.
  • We don't know what It #1 is yet. I don't feel very rushed to find out even though I probably could right now. I think I'll wait another month and/or see when the doc says to schedule our ultrasound.
  • We don't have names picked out yet.
  • My entire 1st trimester (minus the first weeks that I was blissfully unaware of my growing parasite) was the worst experience of my life. It's hard to be excited about a baby when you feel that awful. I was hospitalized once, nearly twice - because I threw up so much that I was throwing up blood, severely dehydrated, and couldn't keep a single thing down for several days at a time. I had to be put on Phengran, which was helpful but still, it was awful and painful and was the longest 2 months of my life and I am seriously, seriously scared to ever do this again!

When I told Paul, it had been a week since I found out. I was waiting for his schedule to die down a bit. When it did, I told Paul it was about time we had a nice evening in together and I made a homemade 'rustic veggie' pizza that was yum yum (but also made me want to puke). Paul lit a fire and then we had a little 'carpet picnic' on a blanket in front of the fire and had mini Bubblies.

When we were done eating, I told him I wanted to give him an early Christmas present. That little hoodrat already suspected what I was going to tell him...not because I had given off any clues, but because the present was wrapped in an old wrapping paper roll so he figured it was the perfect thing to hold a 'pee stick'. No Butthead!! I am not giving you my pee stick!! At least I threw him off a little when he opened it up and a pee stick did NOT come sliding out of the cardboard roll. Instead he had to dig it out because it was this:

I made that! And it says: 'My Dad's HOTTER than your Dad!' Hee hee hee. I got the whole thing on video but when Paul looked at the onesie he dropped a very bad word out of excitement and I feel like keeping my blog at least PG-13 =>

We are about to become parents...HO. LY. S!#T.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Maghann!! And the way you told Paul was so cute! How did you make the onsie? AND I'm super sad that we will already have moved by the time your baby comes! We'll just have to come back and visit sooner than later! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Sad...you should stop moving away :) I just hope my baby comes out as freaking adorable as yours! Mohawk included. It can have six fingers as long as it has a mohawk ;) jk. knock on wood. Sooo...I bought the onesie (that part I didn't make!) and then I just bought the iron-on printable transfer paper. I've bought it at craft stores and in the craft dept at Walmart. So I just created what I wanted on Word, printed it on the transfer paper and then ironed it on the onesie :) Easy peasy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! That's so exciting. I'm sure that's why Teresa told me call you. :) I think she wanted to tell me, but didn't want to steal your thunder. Well, I'm excited to know what you're having, though either one would be cool. :) I hope you're feeling better, I absolutely HATE throwing up, so I definitely feel for you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooooove picturing you as a mommy! You're gonna be the best. :) I'm soooooo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete