2.22.2011

Lost and Found

Last Wednesday I came home and had a heart attack. Or maybe something very similar. But this annoying little stinky dog....
...went missing for the first time EVER!!
I realized something was wrong before I knew it was wrong and then I had a small freak out session, and then, like a light switch, my freak out ended and I was calm. I couldn't figure out why I suddenly stopped freaking out but I was leaning towards the hope that deep down I knew it would be okay. We drove around and the whole time I felt that it was pointless. I kept thinking that somebody had him. I decided to go back home and look up numbers for the local shelters and while I was at it, I had the thought to post my little lost doggie on Facebook. So many of my neighbors are friends with me on Facebook and I figured if he was in this area, that it would be a good chance that somebody I know had seen him.
I spent the rest of the night worrying and then calming down, and then worrying, and then calming down. It was storming pretty badly (which played a roll in how he got out in the first place). I'm so used to my dog just being around and several times I would expect to see him laying on my stairs or come running when he heard the fridge open. Let me tell you it SUCKS when you think things will never be the same.
The next morning, as soon as I arrived at work, I received a phone call from an unknown number. I KNEW that whoever this was, they were calling about my dog and I KNEW it would be good news! It was Cytel, a neighbor of mine. She had taken Bacardi in before the storm and fed him and took care of him all night! And then she graciously took care of him all day until I got off work to go and relieve her of him. But apparently is was a good thing for their two dogs because Bacardi kept them both busy and tuckered them out so she was pretty happy about that.
I was right about the Facebook. I had friends who saw him and let me know, so we had an idea at least of where to look. But somebody I don't know ended up taking him door to door to see who this dog belonged to so that's how one of my FB friends and several of my neighbors put together who the little pooch belonged to and am I EVER grateful to all of them :)
We also had friends who went out looking for him theirselves!! I feel so lucky to have friends that would help us look for our dog, knowing how much he means to us. It is truly aweomse to feel a part of a community family :) I was so happy to see my dog. Paul didn't get home til after midnight. He went straight to Bacardi's 'room' to see him before coming to bed.
And Saturday night, when we came home from The Melting Pot, Bacardi got a lot of attention from Beej and made us laugh so hard:

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness God watches over stupid dogs. I'm glad all the prayers were answered. You know though, that now that he sees how much extra attention he got he's going to try it again...well actually, I guess not since they are dumb and lovable. ;-) We all love Bacardi!

    ReplyDelete