2.02.2011

New Years

I don't have any fun pictures of New Years Eve, unfortunately. But I did just want to jot down a few things we did around that time that were very fun:





1. Paul and I hadn't made any plans to go anywhere to bring in the New Year. I wasn't feeling well and we have spent more NYE's in than we have out so it's kinda just what we do. Becky and Judd joined us last minute - lucky for us that their plans fell through! - and so we had Paul's homemade enchiladas, some random snacks, and Becky and Judd made nummy cookies. We played card games and then ended up having never-ending Tetris competitions. We were so in to it, in fact, that we noticed there was less than a minute left til Midnight! We hurried and switched the tv over to a station to watch the ball drop - just in the nick of time with only 15 seconds left! - and then went right back to Tetris :) It was seriously fun for me!
We also had some fab friends in the hood throw a pre-New Years Party (sans children). They rented out the game room at Noah's and we spent the night playing all sorts of stuff and watching football on the big screen. It was super cool.





2. We went out to dinner with Amanda and Spencer, something that we haven't done in a long time. It was so nice to get out and we went to Tepanyaki and enjoyed fantastic food! I had a lot of fun laughing together and I wish I had ten bowls of that salad with the amazing ginger dressing to take home!





3. The following night after Tepanyaki, all of my siblings met at Bonzai - the exact same food and type of restaurant as Tepanyaki. Our cook was especially funny and with 9 crazy kids we had a blast. I stole my husbands salad so I was able to eat 2 ginger dressing salads!!! We also pretended that it was Amber's birthday. At Bonzai they bring over a gong and - somebody please help me out...what's the name of the little round thing that has bells all along the outside and you smack it while you sing?? I can't remember!!! - to play as obnoxiously as you want and we sang to her in the very same fashion we do at home - ha ha ha....I think people thought we were crazy! - and then they take your group photo, print it out and you get to write on it and hang it up in the restaurant. Oh, and everyone gets a little cup of very good ice cream. It was a fantastic night.





4. We had a fun night with our friends Teresa and Paul and a new couple in our neighborhood. We had cheese fondue, great appetizers, a fantasticly yummy warm drink and Teresa made us little desserts to top it all off. We played a game called Wits and Wagers and had a blast getting to know our new friends...all thanks to Teresa's wonderful planning!




5. As a family, we attended the latest Chronicles of Narnia. The funny part of us going to movies is that when it's over, someone goes and refills their popcorn bucket and we stand around eating it and goofing off for awhile. :) We also sort of make a mess.
My nephews found this poster quite fun and here's Aiden pretending he's Rango:

1 comment:

  1. Times with friends, family, and food....have to be great. Love your new background and thanks for the praise. It filled my happiness quota for the week! I'm always ready to do it again.

    ReplyDelete