2.02.2011

Christmas Day 2010

Okay...I am almost caught up on my Holiday events!
My side of the family all meets up at my parents house in the morning after we do our own gifts and we fatten ourselves on Sticky Buns, O.J. and fruit.
We also do our sibling gift exchange. This year Paul and I had Morgan and Sam. They were getting ready to move out on their own and since they had a shotgun wedding and no reception...they are short on house supplies. So I made my dollar really stretch and I picked out buttloads of kitchen spatulas, spoons, wisks, misc things like ice cream scoop, peeler, cheese grater and measuring cups, and then a mixing bowl and strainer.

Amber had Paul and I and we got a new toy to add to our home gym - a medicine ball! Yay - she knows us so well!:


My mom, her mom, and my dad enjoying the view:



My dad loves to collect Cabella's gift cards so that he can save up 100's of dollars and go get some really cool gear for hunting or fishing or shooting. So we all added to his collection and I thought it was really funny someone gave him theirs in a pink fru-fru bag:


Grandpa played with the kids and their new toys:



My brother-in-law Kenny looking so pretty:



We listened to new music on new iPod's:



And my nephews helped my put together a gingerbread train that I got from my neighbor:


We spent the entire day there this year because we didn't have to meet Paul's family until 5. When we did, you can bet that Paul taught his family Ninja and we played that for a long time! Then came our gift exchange:


Paul's parents opening their individual gifts before we had them open their 'together gift':
I had B.J. and I got him a tie (cuz he always has to borrow Paul's dress clothes for funerals, weddings and cruises! So now he had a shirt and a tie of his very own) and some gym shorts:
We had a nice Christmas dinner together and played Sorry! and enjoyed the rest of the night. Yay Christmas :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun time was had by all. I like the pink frufru back for your dad - reminds me of when we used the victoria secret bag for Paul's b-day. You'll have to tell me how you like your kindle...I still think I'd miss the book in my hand and the pages at my finger tips.

    ReplyDelete