4.07.2010

He's Engaged!!!!

This is my baby brother, Gaven:
Said brother just proposed to his super cute girlfriend! The family has known for quite awhile that the two were talking marriage, but Gaven has been so secretive about when he was proposing and how. Just Monday, I barely got it out of him that he was planning on doing it sometime before the weeks end. I had guessed the 8th. I was one day off - good thing I didn't bet money! He's still secretive about when they plan on holding the wedding - but my guess is July 8th :) Because that would be a three month engagement, and that was the day of their first date. Oooooooh, I am so friggin' excited!!! I love family/friend weddings!!! (Hopefully...there will be another one coming soon...on my husband's side.)

I am super excited for him though, because his girlfriend, excuse me - fiance, is so so so cute. She is like his twin - only not in a creepy way and not in a way where they are too alike. They are so very compatible yet different enough. They are silly and goofy and love to be crazy. They dress the same style and listen to the same music. She fits him perfectly :) It will be so fun to see them all dressed up...sniff...in their wedding stuff..sniff sniff... My baby bro is all growned up :(

Did I mention how excited I am???

(my niece picniked this photo of them on Facebook)

UPDATE: The wedding will be on August 5th! I was right about the July 8th date, but unfortunately Xanni has to have some dental work done that involves timing with insurance and so she had to move it back a month. She wanted to do it August 8th after that (which would be my wedding date!!!) but it happens to be a Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. I'll bring over a box of tissues. I'm a bit envious. I remember hearing that my brothers were getting married. They got great gals, but I never got to know them until after they were married. I wish I could have had that get to know you time before. I think I would have been even more excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited! I only got to meet her that one evening at the Christmas party, but she is absolutely gorgeous & seemed so sweet & at home w/the craziness! Dang! I need to move to UTAH! I HATE MISSING ALL THE FUN STUFF & I'm just sure we'd be BFFs if I was closer!

    ReplyDelete