4.08.2010

Daily Rant #10

I have a pet peeve. Shocking, right? I know.


This particular pet peeve has to do with Facebook. Or rather I guess I should say, people using Facebook. It's not everyone, of course, because there are normal people who use Facebook.

Now, I understand my pet peeve about this exists because I have a certain personality..one that can't stand people posting every ten minutes, or people posting their touchy, feely, emotiony, 'inspiring' quotes and comments at least once a day, OR people who try so hard (and fail embarassingly) to be funny all the time, OR people talking in third person, OR people being all mushy and putting extremely personal stuff all over the place.

I get on Facebook less and less because I have come to care less and less about what people are saying. I can't stand it when people quote some sappy song that describes what is wrong with them while choosing to be completely vague about what actually IS wrong with them at the same time. I don't like it when someone writes "Sigh" so they can have all their friends comment back "What's wrong? How can I help" only for the original someone to say "I don't want to talk about it."

THEN DON'T WRITE "SIGH" ON YOUR FRIGGIN' WALL.

Needy, emotionally-constipated, attention-whores are all over the place. I, personally, can not stand it. Am I an uncaring, heartless person? No. I am a personal person. So, if something is wrong, get to the point already. Stop playing games so that if something is really the matter, people can reach out to that matter. I don't reach out - because I believe most everyone on my Home page does it for the attention - the wrong attention. And it bugs me.

There. Think of me what you will.

5 comments:

  1. Love THIS. . . but i'm a little embarrassed to admit I've been guilty of the lovey-mushies from time to time! ha ha.

    p.s. LOVE your blog!I'm glad you found me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Ah, Lindsay! thanks for sharing - and for the record - I don't think all lovey-mushies are bad. There's a fine line in my dumb opinion :) why I am so critical I do not know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean! And Facebook is increasingly becoming less and less appealing to me. I would quit if I didn't care a little. But only very little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw Maghann, I wished you had an opinion. Would you just spit it out already!!!Geesh! I've never been much of a facebooker, so I'm glad you're swingin' my way.

    ReplyDelete