5.03.2009

Easter Festivities

This is more catching up, obviously, since Easter is done and over with. Meh. I get points for trying.


So Easter has never been something I get all hyped up about. I do LOVE the candy (not a good thing) and I do enjoy dying eggs. However, we stopped doing it at my house a long time ago (maybe once or twice in the last several years for the Bronsynn) cuz the kids all grew up and didn't care anymore. Last year, Paul and I didn't do anything ourselves cuz I just don't care about it. This year was a wee bit different however cuz I decided it would be kind of fun to dye eggs with just the two of us. And Paul hates hard-boiled eggs so I would get them all to myself - bonus!!

After that wonderful day full of yardwork and cutting down trees and taking junk to the dump, we came exhausted and showered and did our eggs.
He looks like he's not in a good mood but I promise he was a good sport about it:

Our wonderful speckly eggs!:


The next morning I thought I would be all cute and make us our little easter basket. Paul and I have a tradition that we go and get a new pair of shoes on Easter, but we haven't done that for the last two years (we're gonna have to do better, of course, if we are even to call it a tradition) and so instead I just got his favorite Easter treat (the Peeps) and my favorite Easter treat (the Reeses eggs) and put our eggs in with it. Very festive, I know. I'm amazing. Lucky for me, Paul's mom always gives us an Easter basket full of goodies so I didn't even have to think about getting one myself. Double bonus. I hate the thought of buying an Easter basket - it's such a waste.


No surprise here, but we always go to my parents home for Easter dinner and Strawberry Shortcake, plus the egg hunt for the kiddies.

The last time I had been out to my parents, I had noticed that the people down the street had their yearly addition of baby lambs. I love love love baby animals and I think lambs and goats are so stickin' cute and newborn foals would have to be my #1 favorite baby animal (we usually get a new foal once a year and it's my favorite thing in the whole wide world to play with their little newborn noses. Aww!) Okay anyway, I was prepared to snap a few photos of the lambs. As you can tell, they weren't too close to us but I tried.
(Don't they make you wanna do that stupid woman "awwwwww" thing? Yeah, me neither! just kidding - i totally do it...a little.)


When my siblings and I were younger, my parents only hid the eggs that we dyed the night before. Now, the kids get to find their own dyed eggs in the morning and when we all get together for dinner, we older kids go out and hide the plastic eggs that have hidden treasures. I get a kick out of watching my nephews hunt for their eggs since they are still so little and get so excited about the whole thing.

My adorable nephews, Aiden and Dallin, on the prowl:


Bronsynn is 13 - hence, she gets to work for the eggs she still insists on finding. So Gaven, in all of his geniusity, used his lacrosse stick to hide one of her eggs behind the porch light. Even standing on a bucket she still couldn't get it by herself!



These pics are random and just dang funny:

My nephews with their loot:

And Bronsynn with hers:




This war wound is from the stupid little rubber worms and catapillers that the boys got in their Easter baskets.

Gaven and Amanda found that you can flip someone with them a lot like you would an eleastic and it causes some pain. I wasn't even in this war! I was an innocent bystander, trying to clean up the kitchen to get ready for some homemade Strawberry Shortcake, and minding my own business when Amanda thought she'd be funny and she pelted me so freakin' hard. It hurt. It made me mad. It made me get even.

It was carrot wars all over again - except with rubber worms.



We were at worm war when my mom went and got the squirt bottle to make us calm down. But Amanda just went across the counter and got the water running in the sink and used the, uh, the thingy that pulls out of the sink and you can squirt water with it...I can't remember what it is called. I was forced to use my mom as a shield (hey - she started it) and all the while my mom is still trying to squirt me with the water bottle. Amanda shoots and aims and gets us sopping wet.

So then I pick up a rag and pretend that I am gonna come after her with it. Not the smartest move on my part because as soon as I did, her eyes lit up and it became a rag war. She is ruthless in these and it can be pretty scary cuz she doesn't hold back. In fact, she got me in the leg really really good and I almost had a cow. Everyone in the kitchen even did the shocked gasp! at how much it sounded like it hurt. Yeah...it did.

This is me in some serious pain...:



...because I just got this:

It hurt like a mutha' and this is what was left after four freaking days.

My siblings got such a kick out of all this they took pics galore and a couple videos. By the time I got hit three or four times, I just went at her with a vengeance - no sibling love could spare her at this point. :-) jk.


After the rag war, we apparently still hadn't gotten it out of our system and while we were sitting next to each other, we had a ring war. Never heard of one? Neither had I. We just made it up apparently because we were trying to hurt each other with our diamond rings. Props for creativity, yeah?

We ended the night with a bonfire and some Ukelele and we headed home around ten. It was a super fun day. Super super fun.

1 comment:

  1. You and your sibs should charge admission for all your fighting adventures...you could have your entire yard remodel bill paid with the proceeds! =) We have our easter egg hunt the night before Easter, in the dark. The kids use flashlights. Let me tell ya, it's a challenge even for the big kids. The kids LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete