5.06.2009

Pardon Me, Professional Fondue Chef Coming Through.

I was so stickin' excited for April 18th to arrive because.....wait for it....wait for it.....
my mom and I took a fondue cooking class at The Melting Pot!!!
YAY!!!!
Everyone who knows me knows that I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Melting Pot and when I got the invitation to do the cooking class, I jumped on it like a fat kid who just found the secret stash of chocolate. I was really excited about it and I was really happy when my mom said that she would go with me.
We both had so much fun during the class and it was great to be able to do something totally different with my mom...something neither of us had done before and that we would both be able to appreciate!
She had never been to The Melting Pot before so it was all new to her. I loved being able to take her to do something new and explain how The Melting Pot did everything. We learned a lot about cheese fondue and some tricks of the trade. Each pair of partners got to make two kinds of cheese fondue: swiss and cheddar. Very very nummy!
We moved onto the entree after that, where there wasn't as much to it besides dumping everything in the pot, but still....
We each got our own plate of shrimp, salmon, spinach ravioli, teriyaki beef, regular beef and chicken.

I did give the salmon an honest effort and I still can't do it - salmon is not for me. Luckily, my mom loves salmon so she got my other piece, plus some from other girls at our table. She was in fish heaven!!!
Lastly, we learned about chocolate fondue and made milk chocolate fondue and had the choice of adding crushed oreos or chopped pecans. My mom was smart and got a bowl of each and instead of adding it to the chocolate, we dipped our fruit and desserts in the chocolate and dipped them in the bowls so we could do whatever our taste buds desired!
The food is SOO good. I love everything about this place...right down to their sauces!
We had such a blast and many laughs! I am so happy that I was able to do this with my mom! She's the best!

2 comments:

  1. Color me green! I love cooking classes! I'll expect a sampling of your new skill - name the time and I'll be there, maybe even with Paul.

    ReplyDelete