5.20.2009

A Bumble Tale

So I am cleaning one fine day and I walk into the laundry room to switch loads out and I see this:
At first I thought it was a huge A spider, but I could hear this tiny buzzing and I knelt down and discovered that instead it was this:

A huge A bumble bee that somehow flipped itself on its back and couldn't get up. It was just laying there, buzzing itself around in a circle. I left it there to get some leather gloves (after I snapped some pics, of course) and then came back and flipped him.
He still couldn't fly. So I pick him up, not liking the feel of him buzzing around inside my hands at all. Then I ran into a problem - I hadn't opened any door so I could put him out. I sat him on the floor thinking he still couldn't fly and wouldn't go anywhere....but that was stupid and of course, he magically got his flight back and started to take off while in my house. Luck was on my side and I snatched him up before he could get too far and out he went. The End.

2 comments: