5.29.2009

The Vampire Diaries

I am extremely bored tonight because it's 11 p.m. and Paul is still working which sucks majorly for him. Anyhoo - I hardly ever watch t.v. but I was skimming through to see if there was anything worth watching at the moment (answer: negative) and while I was on the CW, I noticed the promotion for The Vampire Diaries coming this fall. I am kinda excited since I read those books forever ago. I liked them to a certain level - they certainly aren't the best books I have ever read (if you have ever read them you will know what I mean but I won't go into detail) but I made it better in my head as I went along! Anyway - I admit that I am very interested to see how they spin the t.v. show. The only thing so far that bugs me is that Elena is a blonde, not a brunette (seriously, they gotta get some details right!). However, the guy who plays Stefan - major hottie!!! Oh yeah! The other cool thing about these books is that after all these years (and I think due to the Twilight craze) the author extended the series by coming back with The Vampire Diaries: The Return and there will be several books coming out in this series. The first one (Nightfall) already came out and I wanted to rush out and get it but....I already own the other ones in paperback and I just can't have my books mismatched so I am biding my time till they release this one in paperback. Does anyone else get super annoyed with that?? Same thing goes with another series I have read. The author just came out with book number 9, I am dying to read it, it's only in hardback and therefore I have to wait a friggin' year for that one, too! Okay now I am rambling...and now I am done. Just thought I would share. Also I am bored. Did I mention that?

2 comments:

  1. Two words - public library.

    Don't have to own the hardcover, still get to read the book in a timely manner.

    Now I'm off to solve someone else's crisis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still want to own it. Not reading it until I do. But thanks :)

    ReplyDelete