2.24.2009

The Bro's Homecoming/Carrot Wars

Sunday, my littlest brother, recently off his mish in Seattle, Wa, gave his homecoming talk. So Paul and I found substitutes for Primary (a big thanks to those brave men) and headed out to my parents ward. He gave his talk a long with a couple missionaries that just gave back from the Congo. They used to be my teachers in Young Single Adults (I was there for quite a long time!) so it was really nice to see them talk at the same time! Our relatives all came out to hear him talk, along with his close friends and parents of his other friends who happen to still be on missions. He did so good on his talk. You can tell that he went out on his mission and 'grew' and 'developed' and all that jazz. It's such a difference than his farewell talk. I was so proud of him up there!
And of course, afterward we all went back to the house to grub out!
Me and the bro!

That's the good stuff right there - pulled pork sammiches. Yum (as you can tell by his enthusiam):


Amanda really getting into her pickled asparagus...someone needs to teach her that it isn't a tool:


My sister and I got in a carrot fight. A food fight where carrots were the ammo and they hurt like a SOB. It was pretty funny. You can crawl on over to my Facebook to watch the vid my cousin, Nicole took - if your little heart desires such a thing. Amanda is pretty ruthless when you get in a fight with her - she don't hold back just cuz you are related to her, so I inquired a few battle wounds. Paul is pointing out the welt on my hip that is still there today! How fun for me:



That's both my sisters and Kenny, my soon-to-be brother-in-law, checking (and laughing) at the video of us going at it.
And she thinks she won the fight because she ended up getting me on the ground - but in fact I couldn't see because right before we went down, she had me in a headlock and my dad had a hold of my wrist from his perch on the couch and I was losing my balance and I knew I was gonna knock myself out on the cedar chest if I fell so I was worried more about my noggin' at that point. She would call me the loser for that....whatever sister.


It's okay though cuz she got what she deserved - all dished out by her fiance! Oh how sweet the revenge, he he he! Just kidding. Most my family ended up in the front room relaxing, talking, playing the piano and, lastly, a huge wrestling fight to get Kenny's shoes off of him so that we could tickle him to death. He is ticklish everywhere, but his feet are the worst, and Amanda and Bronsyn were getting him pretty good. But Gav and I stepped in to help get those shoes off and once we got one shoe off and started tickling, Kenny (being super duper ticklish) starting fighting really hard to get us off and he accidentally kneed Amanda in the nose!! Ouch!! I thought she might cry for a sec - she got it that bad. But she ended up okay. Kenny felt super guilty and we razzed him for it so bad. But they are a really funny couple and just had fun with it....who knew?

I do acutally feel bad - a knee in the nose is a little too harsh of a punishment for a carrot welt!



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to Amanda! He looks like a fun part of the family. I think you girls are so beautiful!! You got some good genes, girl! Tell Amanda I said, hi, ok?

    ReplyDelete