2.10.2009

It's a Surprise, Duh.

Question. May I be in charge of the party planning festivities?

Not necessary, the party planning committee is all over it. They've been working 24/7 all day yesterday.




It's a lot of hard work to throw a surprise party for your husband...especially when your husband is a nosy, interagating kind of guy. But with the help of some close friends, a lot of fake evidence, and some Oscar-worthy acting, I pulled it off....for the most part.


Paul was under the impression I was throwing a baby shower for a friend of mine that I went to college with (perfect really since I know her really well but Paul doesn't). I was on a lot of fake phone calls with this roommate 'planning' her baby shower and bought baby decorations and even wrapped his gift in Baby wrapping paper! I had to think everything baby shower while trying to plan and keep secret his birthday party!

I couldn't have pulled it off without the help of Amanda and Spencer. Since Amanda and all my other college roommates would be in attendance to this 'shower', that left Spencer without anything to do that night so he called Paul and made plans to have Paul do their taxes (perfect!). Spencer and Amanda came over to the house about six and Amanda stayed with me and they took off. As soon as they were out the driveway, we were running around like crazy. All the decorations had to be put up, food arranged and put out, drinks and ice ready, the cheesecakes pulled out and decorated, and furniture moved to make room for close to 30 guests!! It was chaos when people started to arrive (for me anyway) and I am so glad for the help! After running around getting everything put in place, I finally went upstairs to change. There was no relaxing for me, though, as I felt anxious the whole time we waited for Spencer to bring Paul back to the house (under the impression that Amanda forgot her present for the baby!).


Here we are right before Paul walked in:


Paul walked in to hand Amanda the 'forgotten' baby present and was blasted with silly string, confetti and noise makers!! (I just love the super slow-mo pic of the silly string hitting Paul!):

Paul and I after the hit:


Our Super Awesome Party Guests!!:

Paul's younger brother B.J. and his girlfriend Hilary...
...and Paul's youngest brother Matt (left) with his friend Brandon ...
...my brother Morgan and my sister Amanda (I have one sister not pictured who came)...
...Amanda and Spencer (my partners in crime!)...
...Becky and Judd...
...Ashley and Alan...
...our friends Monica (left) and Rachelle (right)...
Me and my favorite girls!!
Some of the food that was so awesome:
Paul's favorite dessert is cheesecake! My mom helped me make them the night before out of Paul's sight!:


And after he blew out the candles and we dished up some nummy cheesecake, he opened presents from a few of our friends! He received the beauuuuuutiful ocean puzzle from Becky and Judd (thank you so much for being corny - I love it!) and he received a gift card to the Cheesecake Factory from Amanda and Spencer!:
And I granted him lots of playing time with NCAA '09!:

Thanks, Amanda, for helping me set up, decorate, and take pictures! Thanks to Becky for being my awesome videographer, to my family for their help in making food and thanks, thanks, thanks to everyone that showed up and especially to my close friends who hung around all night, even though I was all over the place! It makes me super happy to have friends like I do who would show me support while I threw a party for my husband (and thereby showing support for my hubby!!) I love you all!!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! That is an awesome picture of Spencer and I! We are quite the couple I must say! No one there was quite as hot as we (okay maybe you.... but no one else!!) hee hee hee!! Thanks so much for having us and for thinking of us to help you pull it off! You throw a great party and we had tons of fun! Love you!!

    ps. how lame is it that Paul wanted to stay and do taxes at my house? That's right... super lame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...Super Lame!! What a nerdiot, I have as a husband!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete