2.16.2009

Valentine Snowboarding

Paul and I don't go big for Valentines day anymore. Sometimes we do something small and cute but Saturday we opted for some much needed time on the slopes instead. It. Was. Awesome. Reasons being:
1) Since it had snowed all that morning and the night before there was oodles and oodles of heavenly powder - so fun.
2) Night boarding is ten times better than going in the day when you have ten times the people to worry about. It's so nice when you can go down the slopes and hardly run into people. Saturday was even better than a typical night up at Brighton and I am guessing that's due to the husbands and boyfriends who were expected to create romantical evenings for their women. Ha!!! - losers.
3) My brother Gaven and my niece came along for the ride. Gaven hasn't been in awhile due to the fact that he was on a mission and Bronsynn has only been up once before. I was super excited to be able to teach Bronsynn how to board and to hit some wicked runs with Gaven and Paul.

Before Gav and Bronsynn showed up at our house, Gav went and bought himself a whole new boarding outfit cuz he has grown so much, nothing fit him anymore. We made sure Bronsynn had double of everything to keep her warm since she doesn't have anything of her own. She was a big ball of mismatched hand-me downs! She was complaining that she was so hot when we were on the bunny hill and I told her that in an hour she would be singing my praises and she was! It got bloody freezing up there.

We planned to take Bronsynn up the biggest run but when we got to the lift she pretty much hyperventilated at the thought of getting on such a big lift. So I took her to the bunny hill while Gav and Paul took off a did a few runs. Then the boys came back and Gav took my spot and I went out with Paul. When we went back to the bunny hill, the kids were gone and we searched a couple places before Paul decided we should head back up the run we were just on. He theorized that, knowing Gaven, he would have gotten sick of being on the bunny hill and made her go on the bigger run. He was right. We spotted them from the lift about half way down so we got off the lift and raced downt to meet them. From there we just had fun hitting jumps and helping Bronsynn - who actually picked it up really fast and was doing super awesome.

I took pictures but I broke my camera yesterday. Yeah I am pretty pissed. I accidentally dropped it when picking it up off the counter. So....basically that's two broken cameras within four months. Awesome.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a nice time and that the snow was so great! That sucks about your camera. I am going to tell Paul to buy you one wrapped in bubble tape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! He broke the first one!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! He broke the first one!! :-)

    ReplyDelete