1.03.2010

Christmas Eve

So our Christmas season started off with some candy making and dinner with friends. Christmas, in my opinion, came way to fast and I couldn't even get myself out the door to go shopping until two weeks before Christmas. That's not normal for me. But, alas, I got all of my shopping done in record time and started to chill out, but then my beloved 4-Runner was hit by a stupid tweeny bopper driver in the snow storm two days before Christmas Eve, had no car for two days but somehow still found a way to get to my hair appointment, got hooked up with a sweet rental and then.....Christmas Eve arrived.
I started the day out with a good workout and then scoured my house (yay for a clean house!!) Then time to party came. As usual we headed over to Paul's celebration with his mom's side first. It was a little more laid back this year, more of an open house style, and we talked and caught up with extended family we haven't seen in awhile. His parents arrived notoriously late just as we had to head out to make it my family's Christmas Eve celebration. That started off with a little bit of this, followed by the pinata, where Aiden, Dallin, Bronsynn, Gaven and even Xanie and Morgan took a swing:
We threw a game of Spoons and Murder in the Dark in there somewhere, and the boys dueled each other on horseback:
A couple of us sitting in the living room were startled when a giant hooded figure walked up behind us, but lo and behold it was only Sam and Aiden having fun:

And when the hour grew late, and the kids had made and set out their cookies and hot chocolate (thoughtfully prepared by Aiden all on his own) for Santa and were put to sleep, Grandpa turned into Santa Claus and started putting together the boys' new bikes, last minute presents were wrapped and Mom and I started making our traditional Christmas Morning Sticky Buns. She had to make four pans this year, when two used to do us just fine!


We said 'Goodnight' and headed home to snuggle in bed before Santa came.

No comments:

Post a Comment