1.03.2010

Christmas Day

Following with tradition, we went to my parents home first. Everyone gathers there in the morning and we hang out for most of the day. The Sticky Buns were nice and gooey and hot, in case you were wondering. :)
After my nephews showed me all of the neat things Santa brought them, the siblings gathered round for our gift exchange. Pardon me, while I document for my own Journalistic purposes:
We had Amber, who wanted a gift certificate to get her nails done.
Amber had Amanda & Kenny, who were gifted with fun socks and awesome Batman underwear.
Amanda & Kenny had Gaven, who got Lily Allen and Eric Hutchinson CD's.
Gaven had Morgan and Sam, who got the Inglorious Basterds on DVD.
And Morgan and Sam had us, who got a VISA gift card to put toward a household item I have long been wanting.

Now...back to the Batman underwear. Kenny is so so funny. I love that he is in our family. The first thing he did was put the Batman underwear on over his Pajama bottoms. And Dallin, seeing that he got Batman underwear, came over to him immediately and once the underwear was on, he reached out to touch the Batman...and his little hand was not high enough for Batman but just high enough for something else. See his little hand going in for the kill?? Super funny stuff.

The five of us kids went in on a new Kitchen Aid Pro 600 for my mom, who has had the same mixer/blender (although a very reliable one) since before I was born. As soon as I said "Well, shall we give Mom her gift?" she started crying...she gives us lots of reasons to laugh :) :

Dad opened his gifts, one of which was from Paul and I that my brothers also went in on - The Complete Series of Macgyver!!!! Oh yeah...I'm awesome (cuz it was my idea!). Brilliant!! I was very little but I remember that my dad always watched Macgyver. However, when I bought it, the girl did not specify that it was coming from freakin' SHANGHAI, and it didn't arrive in time, hence why he is opening a small box which contained a picture of Macgyver being awesome:

And we all enjoyed Christmas!!

And Kevin taught Gaven a new song on the Guitar and showed Bronsynn a thing or two with her new Guitar:
And we watched a movie or two and played with new toys, and took a nap or two.

My sleeping beauty:
We left around 3 to take Bacardi back home on our way to Grandma Budd's to meet Paul's family for dinner.

And my documented disgust as Paul farted in the car, enclosing me in his stank:



Paul's dad put together a great dinner for us and even went and bought a Bingo thingy so we could play Bingo for silly prizes. This is Steve, manning the Bingo 'machine' while Mike and Chuck worked to unclog the kitchen sink (Grandma put a whole cube of butter, I believe, down the sink):

Some of us played with Marshmallows....very tasty game:

Paul was super excited as you can see:

This is a classic Paul face. It's his "Are you an idiot?? - it's a rhetorical question" face:

Matt with his mug of candy prize:
Poor B.J. was on call during Christmas and he was called out so many times that we didn't even think he and Hilary would make it. Luckily they did, but after 30 mins he had turn around and head back out. But Hilary and I had each other for Christmas and I got her this super awesome flowy vest that at first she couldn't figure out what it was, with a long necklace - both of which I was jealous of and wish I would have bought double so that I could have them myself :)

Paul and Matt goofed off pretty much the whole night like this:
And Claudia was so thrilled with her pink Snuggie, which in my opinion, is only a stupid robe you wear backwards. And according to my friend Becky, they aren't even that warm. ...The More You Know.
Matt, Paul, Hilary and I played Trouble (who doesn't love that game??). It was another fantastic Christmas, to which I can't believe how lucky I am so be surrounded by the people I love. That's my favorite part. On our way home, we stopped by to see my Grandma Fox, who doesn't come out much anymore. I love being able to end my night, with just the three of us making chit chat in her cozy front room, and then heading home to either play with toys, or pass out. Whichever one comes first is fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment