1.10.2010

The Funs & Frowns of Snowboarding

Last night Paul and I went night boarding on my niece's request. Bronsynn turned 14 (Holy Shite!!) on Friday and she is very determined to learn to snowboard and received her very own snowboarding pants, gloves, and coat for her birthday. So we headed up with her, Gaven and Paul's brother, Matt.
Bronsynn in her socks being piggy-backed over to the Lodge to rent her boots:
It was a perfect night for snowboarding. It wasn't too cold, in fact, I was hot most of the time. And the slopes weren't too hard and icy. A great combination for night boarding.
Paul, me, and Matt in our Riverton Silverwolf football jerseys. I put mine on (and by mine I really mean it was my brother, Morgan's, old little league jersey I stole when he was going to get rid of it) and then when we picked up Matt, he had his High School jersey on and so, to be all cute and matchy matchy, Matt got Paul his other jersey to wear:
Our first run up....and the last time Bronsynn would be so smiley without tears in her eyes because....

She biffed going down a small slope and sprained her wrist. We were lucky because there were two very nice First Aid patrol men on the skis passing us just seconds after she fell. She was carted down the mountain on a sled since she is a beginner and wouldn't have been able to make it down without needing her hand. The nice man who brought her down on the sled let us play with Jake, one of their rescue dogs:
After filling out a bunch of paperwork, calling her mom and figuring out insurance, she was carted into the back room of the resort's clinic for an X-Ray to see if she broke it. She may have slightly fractured it, which she will be having to see another doctor to make sure, and so they put her in a splint and I managed to keep her laughing despite all the crying:
Poor girl. At least she looked stylin' in her new duds. After she was all bandaged up, she camped out in the Brown Bag Area and I joined the boys for a some runs and we all had a great time finding as many jumps as we could and practicing on the half-pipe. That was the fun part....fyi.

2 comments:

  1. Bronsynn and I can form a club: The Injured During Snowboarding Club. It took me almost two hours to get down my first slope. Stephanie was a VERY patient teacher. When one man zoomed by me for the second time, I yelled "Hey, you've gone down already!" He just laughed, the rascal. The next time down, I fell hard and got a fist-size bruise on my batookus. I chose not to have the nice first aid man look at it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Girl! I should have gone, then we both could have hung out in the dr. office together!

    ReplyDelete