1.03.2010

New Years Bash...Sorta'

New Years kinda blowed this year....which was just fantastic seeing as how the decade ended and we started a new one. You only get to do that, like, every 10 years you know. :) But I had been getting progressively worse since Christmas and even worse since my family party on Monday. I was not happy with how my Christmas break was being spent sick and for a few days, I refused to rest, still wanting to workout and get done everything I wanted to do. But that made me worse. Duh. However, I can't fully blame our lameness on my sickness. We had talked before about how we didn't want to try to throw a party and didn't want to go out anywhere. So we would just stay home and hang out together. Well, then my siblings asked what we were doing and one by one it was decided that everyone could come over to our house and we would play there all night. A couple of friends were even invited over as well. But New Years Eve rolled around and I was grounded to the couch by my husband, my siblings had all bailed, and so we bailed as well. It was back to just Hubby and little ol' sick me.
It started out with a song on Paul's violin:

We watched a couple movies andgot a little goofy - I had to have some sort of fun on New Years Eve!


Bacardi looks a lot like how I felt:
And then we let trashy stupid Carmen Electra bring in the New Year. Ugh. I hate her. Listening to her try to be a host was exruciating...and I don't know why we didn't try to flip the channel. Seriously!!! I wish there was YouTube footage for anyone who did not see her. What a mindless, useless idgit.

We cracked open a Martinelli, but I didn't even care enough to get out the fun stemware...that was my level of lame:

And the ball dropped and then we watched some T.V. show that came on afterward and off to bed we went!! Geez that was exhausting!!!


Happy New Year!! Resolutions are stupid!!

3 comments:

  1. Just passing by, but I thought I'd let you know, don't fret about the crappy new years, the decade ain't technically over yet. This decade ends at the end of this year. 2001-2010. Any questions as to why, it's cause there was no year zero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I say!! But everyone always argues against it - even my husband! Now I have a good comeback so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, little missy...you look to dang cute to be sick. I think I hate you...but hate is so not lah-de-dah, so never mind. It actually looks like you had a fun night. Being with the one you love most is the best way to spend any day. And as for Jensen, tell Paul all is forgiven. Jensen was just mad that I had "left" him, so I'm the one in the dog house.

    ReplyDelete