1.22.2010

Hunger Games...I'm Hungry For More!!!

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins is the next book I read for my "Book Club" (oy, I can't believe I write those words!!) that I was invited to join. I first heard of this book a couple of years ago. Stephanie Meyer's recommended it as a great reader and I wanted to read it but I never got around to it. Well, since it was on our reading list, I had no choice! The whole thing seems so barbaric because it is exactly like those movies being made about people being put in a fight to the death and only one person can emerge the winner in exchange for their freedom - I can't think of their names right now. But it is a Young Adult book and although it can be sad at times, it isn't grotesque or bloody or gory - it is just down right impossible to stop reading. I HAVE to go get the sequel - I wish I was done with work RIGHT. NOW. (of course, I'm not blogging while I am work - who does that??)

1 comment:

  1. You and Paul will have to compare notes on this one. I refuse to read it, as its subject matter may cause me to have the "heebie jeebies". (It's like the "Titanic" thing.) And thanks for a great night.

    ReplyDelete