1.30.2010

Surfin' The Snow

Friday I scheduled myself to be sick from work and relied on the good clean mountain air to make me better again.


My great friend Shannon goes to Snowbird all the time because her mom works and there and she got a killer deal on a season pass - hooch! - and so they scored me a half price day ticket. I have never been to Snowbird and thanks to Shannon, I got to experience the BEST snowboarding EVER.


Here we are on the top of the backside of Snowbird:


I can't believe how much space there is up there and how many runs you can find. The day was amazing - I had to dump my coat finally cuz I was working up a sweat. The snow was fantastic and the runs made me work for it. I have never had so much fun on a slope!


On the way up, Shannon was telling me about this guy who is always there and he dresses in leopard from head to toe. When we stopped for lunch up the middle of the mountain, I spotted some woman dressed head to toe in zebra. I thought how bizarre, what a coincidence. And as I was showing Shannon, we both spotted the man in leopard.


Apparently the man paints his stuff himself (we found this out from a guy at a nearby table). I HAD to take pictures of this stuff - where else would you find a man and woman dressed like an African safari...complete with capes??


We saw people dressed in the weirdest stuff. One guy was even wearing his cowboy hat, trench coat, in his jeans with his holster and gun strapped on. So weird.





It was such a fun day and I don't do all-day boarding but that was fantastic. Shannon and I had a great time remembering the rodeo days, all the fun things we did together on our horses like running through the trees in our neighborhood like they were poles, running the poles at the same time from the opposite direction (very tricky) and running bareback through our speed events - at full speed - at out of town rodeos while the arena was empty. I had forgotten how much fun I have with her so I'm very happy to have had her as my Snowbird tour guide...and now I feel much much better. I must have not been sick after all :)

1 comment:

  1. I want one of your sick days...so not fair...all I get is KP and cleaning duty. Anyhoo, those people must be great on the slopes to handle such crazy clothes. I can barely stay upright in a jacket, let alone a cape.

    ReplyDelete