6.24.2010

Happy Faja's Day

Father's Day was laid back and chill - my kinda Sunday!!
After church, we had Paul's immediate family over for some dessert. Paul's dad loves Key Lime Pie so we had that with hot Applie Pie and Vanilla Bean ice cream. Super yum!!! We sat out on the patio enjoying the nice weather (and the occasional annoying gust of wind) and chatted and had a nice time.
Soon after they had left, Paul and I headed to my parents home for dinner. He grubbed out and had some seriously good food and homemade strawberry ice cream - Double Yum!! My grandma had joined us which was really fun (she's a riot!) and it was so nice to have her out with us finally! We ate out on the patio and then, guess what?? Sat around chatting and laughing!
We had my dad open his cards full of gift cards. We always try and get the funniest cards and then laugh at them together. We all have this attachment to Hoops & YoYo and so it has come to the point where we have to coordinate with each other when we buy cards: "Fyi everyone, I bought the card with the plunger" etc etc.

Me and Hubband:

My mom nearly spitting out her ice cream. We have so much fun making her laugh:

My niece- always posin' for the camera:

My bro, Morgan, imitating The Rock, quite well I might add:
My dad is currently laid off (big shocker, right??) and so he is working down in Roosevelt for a friend of a friend doing track hoe work all week. I am so glad for every weekend that he makes it back home safely and for all he does to provide for his family. He, like so many amazing dads and husbands, has always sacrificed himself to give his family a good life. Great dads are such a gift! I'm glad I have mine :)

2 comments:

  1. I can tell you have a great dad. Dad's are awesome. Oh, and a little hard to read your blog, though the background is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're dad is kinda cool, maybe not as cool as mine though. Where are the updates lady? I'm back from the dead, remember? :)

    ReplyDelete