6.14.2010

This Is What Happens When...

...your husband leaves the door open when he takes the dog out to the dog run.
Well it seems that my bird experiences aren't over yet. After coming home from work last Friday (and talking with my mom over lunch who, coincidentally, had a bird nest of her own built on top of the front porch patio light. The eggs had hatched and they are waiting for them to fly off on their own...we hope...since my 5 yr. old nephew was a disobedient little sh@# and knocked it off and threw them in the window sill) I pitter pattered around my kitchen to fix something to eat and then relax on the couch for a few minutes before I had to get ready for a baby shower. Paul called me and I wandered back into the kitchen while I was on the phone with him.
I stopped dead when I saw bird poop...ON MY COUNTER. A little white plop and a terd. What the......???? I told Paul there was a bird in the house. He said no, that a bird must have flew up underneath the open top of my kitchen garden window and pooped on the screen. The logic (and trajectory) didn't match up and I told him so. While I was proving my point to him, suddenly a loud SCARY flapping sound took off on my right and landed in the garden window that was in question. I screamed. Like a girl. It caught me completely off guard and scared the crap (pun not intended although very fitting) out of me. This bird went crazy trying to get out and knocked down my plants and frames in the window. Paul thought there was someone in my house, not a something until I stopped screaming and told him that I was right about the bird and he was so, so, so wrong!!
K - so I got the bird out of the house by opening the front door. That's all it took. See ya later. I bleached my counter top and wiped things off. Done. I went upstairs to take care of a few more things and I stopped dead...again. It was on my bathroom counter, in the sink, on the bathroom floor, the office chair, the dressor, Paul's alarm clock, and the worst, absolute WORST of it was in the absolute WORST spot. My bed. My freaking BED!!!! Ughh!!
I had little time to clean but I was not letting that sit in my house so I cleaned like I had rocket boosters installed. The sheets went directly into the wash, the bathroom and all surfaces were bleached, toothbrushes thrown away, floors mopped, carpet inspected and vacuumed (although I couldn't see anything, they will be shampooed!!!) and I still have to find the time to go sit in a laundromat and get my comforter washed.
BAHUMBUG!!!!

5 comments:

  1. EEWWWW.... now that, really sucks. I am so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the funniest story! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the funniest story! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And so the infiltration begins . . . my agents have been busy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious!! Not the bird story, but the one of the crazy lady running around screaming like a banshee. ;-) And don't worry if any little terds are left. It's all good...just ask Joseph. He ate some of the stuff when he was a wee babe and he's still alive....for some reason he always has bad breath though...hmmmm...=)

    ReplyDelete