6.14.2010

My House, The Construction Parking Lot

This has been my view for several weeks:
It's been quite crowded in the little nook that they created by blocking off access to the main road running next to our house. I usually had about four trucks and a motorcycle parked in front of my house and sidewalk (and even in my driveway), two to three tractors at all times, barricades and a huge dumpster thing. And the post office put a neighborhood mailbox on our property, so we had lots of extra visitors!


Thankfully, the construction has moved down a block and my street is no longer blocked off, although I do still avoid that road because it's only moved down...it hasn't gone away. And for those of you who know where I am talking about, unfortunately we will be in that boat for quite awhile :) But at least now I don't feel like I am in an earthquake or war zone and my cabinet doors and windows will stop shaking. Plus, those guys start work at the buttcrack of dawn!!...it would really bother me if I didn't beat them up most days.

3 comments:

  1. I was stuck on that street for about 40 minutes on Friday - yuck! I was parked right by your house but you weren't home yet or I would have stopped by and said hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the buttcrack of dawn. It and I avoid each other when school is out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your glad to get rid of them. Oh, and...holy crazy amount of posts sista! Are you trying to break some record?! Now I better get a move on...but I probably won't.

    ReplyDelete