6.08.2010

And Then There Were None

This was the book discussed in our book club last night. It's the first book I have read by Agatha Christie. She, apparently, is only outsold by the Bible and Shakespeare. This mystery was pretty good. I found her style of writing annoying...especially at first and most especially with the dialogue. It's a whole bunch of "He said: blah blah blah." "She said: blah blah blah" "So and so said: Blah de blah" It gets better as it goes along, though. Once I got past the first chapter or two and all the confusing confusioness, I was pretty engrossed by what was going to happen to the ten people summoned to a remote island. You might be as well.

1 comment:

  1. Blah, blah, blah to you little missie. I read my first Agatha when I was in 6th grade: "Halloween Party", a bit macabre, but I loved it. I own almost everything she's ever written. She's the best! Blah, blah, blah indeed. You saved yourself by liking the end.

    ReplyDelete