9.12.2008

Look at Me Be Crafty

so i have to brag...just a little...about the little project i did. one of my good friends and roommate from snow, brindee, is having her third baby and it's a girl that they are naming hattie (cute, right?) i know that brindee already had her nebraskan friends shower her with baby girl stuff so that her little baby doesn't have to wear hand-me downs from the two adorable boys that they have, but i really wanted to do something and i decided it was about time for me to learn how to make a baby hooded towel. and then i got even more excited when i thought about going beyond just a towel and personalizing it for her. what do you think?
i didn't know how much brindee was going to object to pink or if she was going to have nothing but pink for hattie, so i went with purple lettering with white contrast stiching and purple dragonflies. i figured that was safe enough color for a girl. and then i couldn't resist the cute pink and purple butterfly that i tacked onto the side of the hood. butterflies and dragonflies get along right? i had so much fun putting it together. brindee, i hope you don't mind that i posted about it...i couldn't resist!!

3 comments:

  1. That is so fun that you made that for her and it is very cute! We must think alike because I was thinking of sending her a few little bracelets!!

    ps. "Hattie" is way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a darling towel! I must admit I'm a little jealous. And then I looked at your label, and all I have to say is ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to say the pictures don't do it justice! This towel is so sticken cute! I can't wait to use it!!

    ReplyDelete