9.02.2008

My Bragging Rights.

My one-year anniversary was three weeks ago and since this blog didn't exist then, I didn't get to write about it. Why write about it now?? Because it was only three weeks ago and it's my blog and I get to brag about whatever I want. So there.

Anyhoo!! As previously mentioned we were married on August 8th 2007. Yayyyyyyyyyy!!! Look how excited everyone is. (Hint: We're kind of a big deal.)
We were married in the evening so after we were hitched and had all the fun pictures taken, we headed off to Solitude Resort....to rest, of course & get ready for the next big day. What else would we be doing?

Our reception was held on the following day at my parents home and I have never had so much fun in my whole life. I would do it all again in a heartbeat...only this time I would have already been to the future and would have known everything that was going to happen so there would have been less stress, tears, fights and tantrums. (My family actually called me Bridezilla. Can you believe that? I was so not Bridezilla.)
Paul and I didn't want to do the traditional line so we were both all over the place and not always together. We had so many people come which made it all the more fun for me. We had dancing and did all the other fun stuff people do at weddings which I would love to post pictures of but you might hate me.

Oh, what the hey.....




















I now get jealous of anyone who is getting married and gets to do it all for the first time. Does that wear off....?

And where did we go for the honeymoon? Freaking Maui, Hawaii!! Paul had me believing we were going to go to Oregon and staying in a beach house for a week...which is not bad but its not Maui! We were there for a week and stayed in a time share and visited all sorts of places and had great food. (By the way - if you have never been to Mama's Fishhouse...you are missing out. I feel so sorry for you. just kidding of course.)
That's us together at a Luau above and then us in IAO Valley down by the river. Fun times.






And to celebrate our being married for one whole year we went to the Homestead Resort in Midway, UT. We had originally planned on being in the Caribbean but due to several different reasons...we were not. Sigh. Oh well! We had ourselves a couples massage at the Aveda Spa and we went Scuba diving in the big ol' crater there. It was not beaches and sunshine and clear blue water but it was pretty and relaxing and private. All those pictures below are of the crater, the outdoor mineral bath we got to enjoy at the spa, some random pretty scenery and dinner at some place I forgot but it was cool because we ate on the patio by the fire and had live entertainment. Oh and Paul being my favorite retard.



2 comments:

  1. What in the world is Paul doing in those pictures?

    Your wedding was so fun and beautiful!! I am like you and wish I could do it all over again and do different colors and stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pictures of your wedding, especially since I couldn't be there! Although, your announcement was on my fridge for a long time! Our family party was on your anniversary celebration. I missed you! Hooray for studs named Paul! ;) Mine's HOT!

    ReplyDelete