3.03.2010

A Little Girl Time

Saturday afternoon I picked my niece up from my mom's to have some girl time with her. Well, there wasn't much girl time to be had since apparently she is failing a bunch of classes and needed help doing a buttload of homework. Nice. So Paul and I spent all night and most of Sunday playing parent.
Here's a little conversation for you: "Read your book", "But I hate reading", "Doesn't matter, you don't have a choice - quit complaining about how you hate to read and JUST READ." "But I hate this book, it's so dumb and it doesn't make any sense." "Doesn't matter, it's your assignment. READ IT" "But I hate reading" "I don't care!!!" "But I don't want to" "You HAVE TO!!!!" And all the time we spent arguing with her to read the book, she probably could have had half of it done. Teenagers...why do I want kids again?? I'm re-thinking that strategy.
We tried to get a little girl-time in. We went to the mall real quick where we bought some new fragrances at Victoria's Secret (with my nifty $10 gift card I get just for being born) and then bought her a cute little belt at Charlotte. I also picked up a new nail polish..he he he. Love it!

So we did our nails and watched some shows together:

See my awesome new blue?? I'm in love with it!:




I still can't believe how much she's grown up. We went to my church the next day and she sat with me in Primary. An awesome lady in the presidency sat down next to her and started talking to her and she literally thought my niece was a gorgeous 18 year old!! (my niece is very short but she was sitting down so without the height it was hard to tell!) And it made her all smiles!

1 comment:

  1. From the beginning dialog, I can tell that you have parenting down...well at least my method, so don't know if that's saying much...but hey, at least you got one kind under the belt. ;-)

    ReplyDelete