5.04.2010

The Last Song: Movie

I forgot to mention that a couple weekends ago I saw The Last Song! My mom had just finished the book and she really wanted to see it and I didn't feel up to making my husband sit through a girly romance so I told her that I would take her.

And this is what I have to say:

Yes, Miley Cyrus' face did bug me...most of the time. However!! She was really good in it. Liam Helmsworth, hottie Australian sporting an American accent, is pretty dang cute and a pretty good actor (minus the cocky parts). The story is pretty close to the book. Nicholas Sparks wrote the screenplay for this movie before he wrote the book so it is very much the same. The book expounds the story a little bit more and that is pretty much the only difference.

I have a couple favorites of Nicholas Sparks and The Last Song is one of them. As far as his movies go, this is definately one of them as well. I still haven't seen Dear John but am looking forward to that as well as the release of The Lucky One. I actually think all of his movies were done very well except one: Nights in Rodanthe. That movie was horrible. It doesn't do the book justice at all but in all honesty, the book is at the bottom of my list of favorites. The Last Song is definately worth watching. It's real good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment