5.11.2010

YA Temper Tantrum

As I was reading Wings, I started thinking about a common theme that this book has in common with, oh I dunno, seventy eleventy other books. What is that common theme you ask?? A main female character with not one but two love interests. Two equally awesome, handsome guys that you can't help but want to root for the both of them.
Twilight
The Fallen Series
The Wings Series
The Hunger Games
&
The Vampire Diaries
...just to name a few.
Oh how sick and tired I am of all these Young Adult books that tear you into pieces thinking about how it's going to end up. Why must we always have this chick torn between two potentially great guys?? She can't even make up her mind!
BAHUMBUG!!
I am getting out!

3 comments:

  1. I have the cure for your woes...first, read the end at the beginning and know what you are getting yourself into; and second, don't read any of these books. Find out from a poor sap who already got sucked in and then run for the hills! These are the two options that work for me.
    Oh, and ps: when are we doing fondue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And btw: I have been posting occasionally on your other site, but I noticed that it will still say 0 comments, even days later. My comment is there if you click on the post, but it won't say so if you just look at the blog overall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEVER EVER EVER read the end first. I hate that!! And I don't skip forward ever either. I read the whole thing in order no matter what! But your second option - that sounds good! Ha ha. And I was just thinking about fondue last week. I just have to get unbusy -which will be after this week is over! :)

    ReplyDelete