9.09.2009

Labor Day....Really Was Full of Labor :(


Last Tuesday, we rented a trencher and finally got started on trenching the front and back yard. Geez. This project seems never ending - I want to be finished!!! Earlier, my dad came out and put our stop and waste in...what a guy!
Then we trenched the thing...also managing to take out our internet and land line (which we don't have so, meh, we'll fix that one later):
Okay so come Labor Day Weekend, we did yard work!! Friday, Saturday, (maybe a little bit Sunday - please don't strike me down! It was all Paul's fault!) and Monday. Puke!
By the actual Labor Day day, we were so worn out, we didn't want to do anymore. I started the day off with a jog - Hallelujah! I actually got more than half way through before my leg started to hurt. Paul was off playing football with the neighborhood guys and then right after that we got a little Ultimate Frisbee in with Becky and Judd - woot woot!!!
We then ran some errands, came home feeling exhausted and not wanting to do a dang thing on our yard but also too stubborn not to finish what we had on our To-Do List. Blessedly, the time came to go over to Amanda and Spencer's for a little barbecue - chicken, rice, steamed veggies, and croissants - She's super woman!!! It was soo good (thanks guys!) and she just had a baby - of whom I hog every chance I get...he's seriously a super cute baby.
I made dessert for the occasion and it's quite spectacular if I do say so myself. It's my dad's absolute favorite dessert (I actually just made one for him as a Thank You for always coming out and helping us). My mom made it for him when they first started dating and he's loved it ever since - hence why she calls it 1st Date Cheesecake. Every one seemed to like it so I thought I'd share!
1st Date Cheesecake:
Crust:
2 cups flour
1/2 brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans)

Make this like you would pie dough. Mix together and press into the bottom of 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Crumble the crust up and allow to cool. Take out a little bit for garnishing and then pat the rest down evenly.

Filling:
8oz pkg Cool Whip
8oz pkg Cream Cheese
1 cup powdered sugar.

Mix together and spread on top of crust.

Topping:
One package Danish dessert (raspberry or strawberry)
4 cups fresh fruit (raspberry or strawberry)
1 3/4 cold water.

Mix topping according to Danish directions. Pour over filling. Refrigerate 1/2 hour or more.

Enjoy! It's super nummy :)

2 comments:

  1. that looks super delish! I need to try it. You should make it for me. K. Love you. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah! I wanted this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete