9.14.2009

Had Us a Gay Old Time

We had a crazy busy weekend!! It was lots of fun though. We started it off with a little camping trip with our good friends, Becky and Judd. Recently Paul had taken his scouts up to Grantsville and he has been wanting to go ever since! We headed out Friday after Paul got off work and drove out to Grantsville and picked up Becky and Judd on the way.
As soon as we got there we set up tents. I set about making a fire so we could get our dinner going. Becky made these awesome hobo dinners with chicken and vegetables. It was so so so good. We had a great time goofing off and laughing at stupid stuff and being silly.


Of course, we had to get our s'mores on! We sat around the fire 's'more' and made our treats. Becky and Judd brought bananas and chocolate and we made Banana Boats! It was a first for us and we really liked them.



Then we all went to bed exhausted! I was super comfy all night but we had a horrible time sleeping. Around 7:30 in the morning, I decided to get up and get breakfast going. We had to be heading out by 10:30 anyway so that Judd could study and Paul could make his football game.
I was really excited to finally be able to use our Christmas present from last year. My parents had bought the married couples each a Camp Chef stove. We borrowed the griddle (my parents own all the attachments to it) so that we could make sausage, eggs, and hashbrowns. It smelled so good that we were bombarded by giant flies the moment we sat down to eat. 'Twas very annoying.

I only burnt it a little bit! But the food was good - see their smiles?? :)

Then we goofed off some more, naturally, and played Phase 10 until it was time to go:

It was really fun - as is evident by our shining faces. Thanks for going with us guys! We had a super swell time.


1 comment:

  1. I'm getting greener by the minute reading this fabulousness. You guys have WAY too much fun. I'm sure you're breaking some sorta rule. And just so you know, I'm hiding the acorns from Paul now that I know what he's been up to, the rascal. ;-)

    ReplyDelete