8.04.2009

A Trip to Colorado

Paul and I took us a little trip to Colorado last weekend. Our reason for going was to help out a good friend - she moved there a few months ago and kept all of her things here in storage until she found a permanent residence. So she found a place and off we went! Paul and I drove the U-Haul and followed her and Kyle all the way on our 10 hour adventure!

I have lots of pictures so brace yourself...you may not care to look and that's okay but I like to document!

The four of us right before we hit the road Friday...at 4 p.m.:

My husband the trucker...looks good, eh?:

Still in Utah, only ten minutes on the road, I my butt was already numb...oh joy!:

Some of the scenery along the way:
There are so many of these places...trailer home neighborhoods. So foreign to me:
Check out how pretty this sunset is from Paul's side-mirror:

We made a few stops for gas and food. I even ran into a friend from Salt Lake on his way to a motorcycle show while we were in Evanstan. How random.
We arrived in Aurora at 2 a.m. I was so exhausted and very surprised that I didn't fall asleep somewhere along the road but also very glad that I didn't leave Paul all alone :)
The next morning after some bacon, fruit and bagels, we unloaded the entire truck into her apartment. Not the fun part. The fun part was afterward! We went swimming in the apartment's swimming pool. I have a ton of pics of Paul throwing Kyle around - they make me laugh. Kyle has some funny facial expressions. Kyle has a lot of fun with Paul whenever they are together:



After we cleaned up we headed to a place called Dave & Busters, which is a restaurant and arcade place. You can eat and then go play!


After lots of fun and helping Kyle win a new hat, we headed home and ended up stopping at the Denver Broncos stadium. It was pretty cool...I loved the horses that were galloping up the stream out front. Paul bought himself a stellar Broncos hat!


While driving around some more we spotted these crazy looking people statues outside a building. Don't know what they are for but they are humongous and fun to look at:

Later that night we went out to enjoy some Colorado night life at Sing Sing, which is a piano bar equivalent to Salt Lake's Tavernacle. Sing Sing is much much bigger but I have to say that I like the Tavernacle better.
Me and Monica:

Me and the Hubby:

Some awesome ladies that sat by us and we ended up talking and laughing all night! They were really fun!:
The piano guys made us laugh so hard we were crying. There were about ten girls celebrating their Bachelorette parties (seriously that many. I guess it's the place to go because that 's how it is ALL the time). Since we had got in so late on the drive and had little sleep, I was exhausted! Staying until even eleven o'clock was a feat for me! Thankfully, we went home then and I passed out!
On our way to the airport in the morning! No way were we driving home!:

I forgot all about the stupid liquids rule and I got stuff confiscated. I was pissed. Really PISSED. I was mad at myself and the airport (even though I know why they do it). Paul thought my mood swing was really funny:

Finally boarding the plane!! It was such a short trip but it was exhausting! I was stoked to get home and see my dog...we left him at home and had our trusted friends, The Edmunds stop in to check on him everyday(Thanks again!!)and I was very anxious to get home:
My dad picked us up, we went straight home, I went straight to Primary, Paul went straight to work and thenfrom there we went straight to my parents to celebrate my nephews birthday. That post is next!

2 comments:

  1. You guys are the best! Monica is lucky to have you guys as friends. Paul is great with kids - it's a real talent. I can see why Kyle loves him so. I also enjoyed those horse statues. The artist really captured motion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they cool?? My friend has a problem with the horses though because they were anatomically correct in every way. :)

    ReplyDelete