8.31.2009

55 and Still Beautiful!

Today is my Mom's 55th birthday!! As is well known we all gather 'round and celebrate...but my mom refused that this year. Even though us girls always take care of the dinner and dessert so that she doesn't have to do anything...what she really wanted was to get out of the house and away from the work!!
So today I took her out to lunch. We ate at the Red Robyn at The District and enjoyed yummy salads. Then we did some some shopping!!! Yay - I haven't been fun shopping in months and months - only dumb shopping. We found super cute clothes that I am determined to own. Mom really wanted a new workout outfit, so we went to Ross and Target and scored her some cute duds and then we went to Hobby Lobby for some yarn and found some super cute knitting projects - my favorite is the Yoga Socks. She loves to knit -it's her stress reliever - so she's going to make me a pair...Yay!!
And of course I didn't get pictures of us doing the fun stuff, but only of the not-so-fun stuff: Canning. Yes, she wanted to can on her birthday. But then my dad came home and took her out so she did other fun stuff, too.
It was a fun day, just me and my dear mum. Happy Birthday Mom!

3 comments:

  1. Tell your mom she looks REALLY young! I can see where you got your good looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your momma!! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete