8.22.2009

San Diego: Day 3

Saturday morning we slept until we didn't want to sleep anymore (I freaking love that) and then we headed out to the San Diego Wild Animal Park. It was just okay, in both of our opinions. It's nothing like Sea World, it's extremely hot, and not much to see, really. I am sure we could have seen everything there at the regular zoo minus a few animals. It was fun to go and see it, but after walking about a bajillion miles on Friday...we weren't to keen on walking a bajillion more. Call us crazy. At least we got there before the parking got absolutey ridiculous. Score one on our side.
So here we are about to embark on the journey...oooooh.
This guy was one of the first things we saw and I was really surprised to see Paul's twin just hanging out...ha ha...kidding babe.


We did us a little petting with these little...deer things.
We followed the signs for the Journey to Africa and about ten miles later we actually got there (okay it wasn't ten miles but it sure as Hades felt like it). By this point (and this point is very early on) I was no longer in the mood for the zoo...Paul found me amusing I guess:

While we were waiting for the big yellow crawler to come and get us we spied people who got take tours in trucks and this giraffe walked right up to them and they got to pet it...the jerks:
And our yellow crawler came and got us and off we went:

The giraffes were my favorite. There were two rhinos, lots of gazelle, ostriches, and other such things. After the tour, we checked out the lion, the lionesses, elephants, & cheetahs....and that's pretty much it.

My favorite thing was the baby cheetah they keep in a little nursury. So. Freaking. Cute.:
And that's about when we no longer had a desire to stay there. We were basically just sticking out as much as we could to make it worth our money. And we were bloody exhausted. So naturally we went back to our hotel and slept some more (and I had to fight me off a nasty migraine...fun stuff)!

So after a few hours of down time, we got all dressed up (or rather as dressed up as we could manage because Paul said we wouldn't need dressy clothes but he wasn't counting on me finding this dinner cruise and insisting that we make reservations...I'm awesome, I know) and headed to Downtown. This is the Hornblower:

We were supposed to board at six thirty and leave at seven....yeah we didn't leave until quarter after seven. Apparently they have never left late once in three years - must have been our lucky day. We entertained ourselves with pictures of airplanes landing and other such stuff:

The dinner was amazing, we had a great view, I felt like puking nearly the entire time, and the d.j. played all night long. Super great! We made a couple trips up to the deck and goofed around (it's what we do best):


And apparently there is a saying that if you kiss while passing directly underneath the bridge, you will be together forever. Well, I was sorta planning on forever with the whole temple marriage thing and yada yada yada, but what the hell...we all need all the help we can get right? So everyone made out under the bridge...twice.
And while we were up there, fireworks were lit off on a boat out in the water. How freaking cool is that?? No one knew what they were for, no one was expecting them but we were out there when they went off so score one more for us. I love me some fireworks and that was two days in a row for us. They must have known Paul and I were coming :)
Then we went back inside to have cheesecake and dance the night away until the boat docked.
There is a Day 4 to our little trek but that basically consisted of packing, checking out, dropping off the rental car and getting to the airport. This time I really really drugged up - I felt better the entire flight (so glad for that), but as soon as it landed I still had to race to the bathroom. I hate flying. I was cursed with motion sickness. It sucked to leave such a beautiful place but it was so nice to come home.

1 comment:

  1. Okay...You're crazy. (But then, I already knew that.) How awesome to have a dinner cruise. I'm soooo jealous, I'm going to have to wait a while to cool down before I can talk to you again. (By the way, giraffes are my favorite animals...and you got to see a bunch...now I'm going to need even more time to cool down. I'll talk to you on Friday.)

    ReplyDelete