8.31.2009

Wait...What?? You Just Got....Married???

Tuesday August 18th I headed on over to me padres' home to ride my horse as I do now several times a week. This particular morning I planned on riding and then scooting on home to get things done. But when I came in the house to take my boots off, my Grandma Fox had just walked in. Well, I don't get to chat with her very much so I stuck around.

In the meantime, Gaven was getting ready to go somewhere...I asked him where...he said "Gotta go help Morgan with something"...wouldn't specify further. Gaven, Morgan, and Sam (Morgan's girlfriend) walked out the house in jeans, t-shirts, and flip flops. Okay - normal. So me, my mom, and my grandma hang out for awhile cuz my mom was helping my grandma with a little sewing project.

About an hour and half later, Grandma was getting ready to go and we were saying good-byes and walking her to the door when the three of them walked in with big cheesy smiles. I'm thinking..."Am I missing something here??" Asked again...no answer. Okay - not so normal. Something is definately going on. Grandma can't back out of our gargantuously long driveway all that well so as Gaven was walking in he grabbed her keys and went and turned her Mustang around. Asked Gaven "WHAT IN THE SAN HELL IS GOING ON???" Answer: "Can't tell you." Grrrrrrrrrrgh!!!

We all walk in the house after Grandma had left and Morgan and Sam are still smiling like there is some huge inside joke going on. I wanted in - real real bad. Morgan hands Mom a big white envelope and from across the kitchen I ask: "What IS that??" She shows it to me...from across the kitchen...which is of no help since I have horrible eyesight even WITH my contacts in. Every one laughs. Ha Ha very funny. GRRRRRRRGGGGHH! I go and grab that stupid envelope so I can see for myself. I pull out....a Marriage License?? What the.....??? First thought was that it had to be fake. Why would they have a Marriage License...with real signatures on it...in an envelope that has Sherrie Swenson's name on it? I start freaking out - just a little bit - cuz I am still confused. I mean, they left only an hour and a half ago in street clothes and come back with a Marriage License...and they didn't tell anybody?? Such are my thoughts.

Apparently I gave the best reaction to my brother's elopement. I guess I am pretty funny. Once I figured out that they actually did get married, I freaked out - a lot. Then I cried - a little. There were only a few people that knew, mainly the parents of the bride and groom, and the witnesses. They didn't want any big productions or drama. They just wanted to be married and it kinda suits the crazy kids. Gaven was Morgan's witness and he only found out about the whole thing the night before!! I only found out so soon cuz I happened to be there. My sisters soon followed suit so by the time the lovebirds came back from their Park City getaway, we all knew. And now, they've given the go-ahead to spread the news beyond.

So my little brother is married and our family has welcomed our first sister/daughter-in-law. She is a really great girl and we are really happy for them. They are now going to work to be sealed on the exact same date in one year - where we will get to be in attendance this time, in the place that really matters to them to have their families surrounding them.

3 comments:

  1. No Freakin' Way!! I just had to go to the basement and ask Paul to make sure YOU weren't pullin' my leg! That is Nuts! Good luck to them and I wish them the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy isn't it??? I could hardly believe it myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's crazy. I can't believe that! Hope they are doing well at least!

    ReplyDelete