10.09.2010

Horsin' Around

Last weekend I headed up Yellowfork with my dad. We towed Bronsynn along with us too.

Our good family friend, Ope, was up there with one of his friends. My dad and his group ride all summer as long as much as they can but they really hit hard a month or so before the hunt to get their horses ready for the 12+ hours of riding a day up in the Uintahs.

Ope and I took pictures of each other taking a picture of the other. Get it???

My dad on Smoke:

For some reason I could never get a good picture of Ope's donkey. But it was a baby and super cute. It just followed us around and chased after the dogs, showing them who the boss is/was:

It is incredibly beautiful up there in the fall...I love all the bright oranges, pinks, reds and lime greens:

We met a couple herds of cows...I got to this one before my dog went and chased them off:

Bronsynn is becoming a better rider all the time. She is more comfortable on the horse now and spent most of the ride loping up ahead of us and then doubling back:

And Bacardi, as always, traveled probably three times as much ground as the horses do. He HAS to be in front and he runs everywhere and then comes back to the group and heads off again. Can you tell how much fun he had?:

One dirty and exhausted little puppy:

1 comment:

  1. You guys do the funnest things! I love the photo of the tree, btw, and the last shot of Bacardi is priceless! Dogs do happy so well.

    ReplyDelete