10.26.2010

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society

I did not read this book.

Why post it, you ask?? I dunno. I guess cuz it was the next book in line for the BBCE (Best Book Club Ever) and they all met last night to discuss it. I have had zero time the last two weeks (and yeah I guess I could have read this instead of all those other books I posted about earlier but....I didn't) and I never got around to reading it.

I would have gone to the meeting last night anyway, but Paul and I spent four hours making our costumes last night. And two of the girls told me that it wasn't that great of a read and they didn't care much for it. So I'm wondering, has anyone else read it and do you think the same thing? I probably won't read this one if I hear the same thing from others.

5 comments:

  1. This is my FAVORITE BOOK EVER! You should definitely read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Becky's so right. I loved this book too. Looks like you're going to have to read it now! Your two favorite people like it, so you need to jump on the bandwagon. I love that it's in the form of letters. It made me think a little differently. Plus I love WWII time period. I actually need to read this book again!

    p.s. have you heard of Goodreads.com? It's pretty dang cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The costumes. weRE. AWESOME!!! Well worth the time spent away from the reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I heard of that Ash! I don't check it out that often though..maybe I should. But are you two for real?? I wonder if you're being funny cuz I talked to the girl from the club and she said that THREE girls actually stopped reading it because it was so boring. I am torn...but I am seriously leaning toward not reading it.

    And thanks, Migaloo! Judging by the response we got, we think it was worth 4 hours of bending over a table. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man...I want to see your fabuloso costumes!! I'm so bummed. I've heard of this book. It was a little unheard of book that really took off. Sorry but don't know anything about it. If you want a great read, try the Mortal Instrument Series. Pretty cool. I'll loan you the first one.
    (Second try...first disappeared...sorry if you get this twice.)

    ReplyDelete