10.09.2010

Hush Hush

Another book review!!! Yay!!!!

Okay so I love Hush Hush. That being said it could have been soooo much better. It is Young Adult and so like every YA, I feel like lacks a certain level of realism. And that's what I need when you are dealing with vampires and angels and other situations that aren't real (not saying that angels aren't real). I need the characters to act somewhat like you would if it were real - does that make any sense?? I dunno.

So with that said, I do not like the main character chic. She had no backbone and left her self wide open with vulnerability the entire time. I hate that. Give me someone who can fight back and tell someone to go to hell if they don't like what they see. On the other hand, I love Patch. He is dark and sinister and totally hot. Yum Yum. Speaking of Yum Yum - what a great cover!!! The story line is good but she could have written it better. Kinda like Fallen by Lauren Kate:

Great potential...but lacking. Fallen flopped for me - BIG TIME. Such a waste of a great cover. It could have been so great!!! And now that one is a series and I am so tempted to get the next one that just came out. Do I get it so I can find out what happens? Can I stand to put myself through this author's shatty writing?? I dunno!!

And speaking of series - I really need to stop reading books that turn into series. Seriously. Hush Hush is a three book series...I found out after I read it. But with this one, I will definately keep reading and pray that Becca Fitzpatrick takes good to even better.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right about great covers. These two are fab. I too looked into Fallen and didn't like it. Bad vibe. I've seen Hush, but haven't checked it out. Hmm, maybe I will.

    ReplyDelete