10.09.2010

Pretty In Pink

On September 24th, I participated in another fashion show for I'm Beautiful Salon. This one was to raise funds for Susan G. Komen for The Cure. Although I am very against Susan G. Komen and all the Pink nonsense (and I have my reasons before anybody goes and dogs on me), I decided to participate in this because 1) my friend Britney, who I did the last show with and is also the owner of Klub Knarley Modeling Agency, needed lots of girls for this show. There were 60 models in this show that I'm Beautiful put on...compared to the six of us at the last show that I'm Beautiful just participated in to raise funds for the domestic violence charity, Cut It Out. and 2) Fashion Shows are fun to be in.
In this show, there were six groups of ten models. Each group had a name such as Hope, Fight, Inspiration, etc. Each group was done up similarly and we had ten minutes to take up on stage outside, one minute for each model.
I had my hair and make-up done early in the morning. I was super stoked to learn Janessa would be the one doing my make-up again - we had so much fun joking around and laughing at stupid stuff. It was great! After I was done, I went back to work for a couple more hours until it was time for me to head to their downtown Salon where the show would be put on outdoors in the parking lot. All the models had to be there at 4 o'clock and we were on lockdown until we started walking at 8:00. Oy!!
Me and Britney with our make-up done and hair in progress:
During those four hours, the group leaders and stylists were busy running around getting touch-ups done, hair pieces in, outfits put on, sewing done, and everything else. I was bored for the first hour so I just helped blow up pink and white helium balloons :)
It was incredibly fun to see everyone as their hair and outfits started to come together and were completed. My group was Inspiration and we each had a piece of origami to wear. The head stylist learned how to do origami just for this show and she made everything herself.
This girl was from the group Fight, where each of them had some sort of nature/plant thing on them. You can see where they also painted her back similar to the branches and blossoms of her hair:
This guy was from my group. He was the only one who didn't have origami, aside fromt the paper pink ribbon, but he was shirtless, pretty ripped and had a hand print shaved into the other side of his head and painted blue. He also had a ribbon and black hand prints air brushed onto his back. He is mostly on here for your viewing pleasure ;)
This girl is also from Fight, she had flowers all over in hair, very beautifully done:
These girls were super cute and from Fight also:
This chic was from a group that I can't remember but they were all dressed as fairies - hard core fairy, pretty pink fairy, woodland fairy etc and they all wore wings. I love her 'hair bow' and the ribbon that was braided upside down into her hair. Amazing:

This one was amazing, too. She had butterflies throughout her hair and a bird on the other side of the pearl head band. I loved everything about her get-up:

This cute girl was a princess...she reminded me of the Princess on Mario! She wore a pink formal gown, her tiara was made of origami (as she was in my group) and so was her wand!

These cute girls were part of the fairy group...
And here is a close-up of my make-up and hair. I had these windmills in my hair and they were alson sewn all over my shirt:
Britney all done up as a peacock with a funky tree in her hair, and a couple girls:
Me and the 'woodland' fairy - you can see my cool origami windmill shirt!!:
Here are all the models in my group. Starting from the left: this girl had a fake braid piled on her head and a gigantic origami flower made of newspaper pinned to the side. Girl in the white with the blue eyes had a gigantic crane on her head. Blond in the white tank and black vest had black and silver origami stars glued to her neck and up her face and they airbrushed wicked tattoos all up her arms. Blond in the blue baby doll dress had a long hair piece made and pretty dragonflies of all shapes pinned to her hair piece. Next is the Princess, then Shirtless Guy. Next to he who has no shirt is a girl whose hair was died red and she had a belt and hair piece of flowers made out of tin foil! Next to her is her sister who has a teeny little hat made of hair on her head and an origami necklace and hair piece. Next to her, hot guy with an origami tie!!
This picture sucks but the stylist up front in the middle is the one who put us all together along with her assistants!
And me and Britney again, all made up, right before we walked!
It was actually really really fun!! There was a buttload of people in the little parking lot. The music was really fun and two Utah celebrity news chicks came and did the announcing. I can't remember their names. There was an up and coming musician who wrote a beautiful song and she debuted this at the very beginning. They had a moment of silence for those fighting and those who have lost their lives, which they broke with a song written by James Blunt about his friend that died of breast cancer and all the I'm Beautiful staff took out "Illuminaries" which were lights in bags and placed them around the runway. After we had all walked, we changed into pink shirts that had our group name on it and we all walked out in a line, grabbed an illuminary and stood around the crowed while thanks and recognition were given. There was much hullabaloo after it was over, but I quickly grabbed my good bag and headed home for bed :)

2 comments:

  1. This looks TOTALLY amazing!! You must have had such fun. My sister Steph did something like this once, which probably doesn't surprise you. You look so hot in your garb. And thanks for the eye candy. ;-) (Also, I'm right there with you about the susan thing...have my reasons as well.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, you looked great! I'd love doing something like this.

    ReplyDelete