9.09.2010

San Francisco - Day #5

Monday was our day to go home :( We were both way too sore to get up and run or workout so we slept until we wanted to! We had packed up everything the night before so all we had to do was get ready for the day and head out. But before we checked out and hauled our luggage around, we went across the street to a little diner for breakfast. Yummy yummy. Afterwards, we hopped in our car and headed over to the Golden Gate Bridge. Paul was super excited about this...I thought seeing the bridge over the past five days from everywhere you stood in San Francisco was good enough but what do I know?
Again, the view was pretty of the cityscape and the islands. Much prettier than our camera could capture. Me standing at the 'lookout thing' in front of San Fran:

Paul on the GGB, in matching attire even:

Both of us on the GGB!:
It was soooo hot that day - so retarded that it would be hot on the last day we were there and were already all packed up. After we left the Golden Gate Bridge, we went and parked and walked over to the Ghiradelli Square:
I bought a big pack of Ghiradelli chocolate's...my favorite is Peanut Butter, then Caramel, then Mint...in that order. Paul and I grabbed some ice cream, too. Mine is the Cookie Bottom Sundae...really nummy:
Afterward, we walked through Fisherman's Warf again and headed for Pier 39 to do some last minute souvenirs. We walked upstairs cuz I had to find the ladies room and that's when I head the sea lions. I was super excited cuz I couldn't see them the first day we arrived and went to Pier 39...turns out we were right around the corner. How dumb of me. But it was so cool to watch these guys play with each other and fight and stuff. There were two GINORMOUS sea lions and I kept watching for one, that was right on the edge, to fall over and make a big splash. It didn't happen:
I found a fun magic shop and I bought my nephews some magic tricks and 'poo pens' as a prank gift. Ha ha - Paul thought I was sick but what little boys wouldn't think it's hilarious to write with fake poo? Duuuuuh.
We had spent enough time shopping and seeing and it was time to head back to our car and get to the airport. I still wanted to get my niece something and I decided I would get her a pearl from an oyster. There are these little jewelery shops everywhere that have oysters sitting in water and you get to pick an oyster, and if there is a pearl in it, then you get to buy it. So I picked one out and...tada....it had a pearl in it. On a side note, how anyone eats those slimy disgusting innards is a mystery to me. I found it quite fascinating to watch a pearl come out of that gross stuff though.
And then we were off to the airport, waiting around to board the plane, heading home where it was hopefully warmer than where we were.

3 comments:

  1. I love, love, love Frisco and this post is really making me want to go and visit really soon!! I am glad you guys had great time - after the crazy months we have had you two deserve it the most!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate AND the Golden Gate Bridge!!! I'm so jealous. When we went over the bridge it was so hazy we could barely see it (BOTH times!) I guess I'll just have to go again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where is my souvenir? Glad you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete