9.13.2010

The Goose Girl

The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale is next on the readers list on the BBCE! I usually wait to post on the book until after the book club meeting but I don't want to wait! I just finished it today and I love it. It was a hard start...it took me a chapter to get used to her style of writing and use of words, but it's that very thing that adds a bit of 'magic' to the whole book. It's so descriptive in the most odd ways. I find it fascinating. Also, it can move slow at times but if you bunker down and keep going, it gets so very interesting. It's the first of a series of four called The Books of Bayern. And, fun fact fer ya, the Goose Girl is actually a German fairy-tale collected by the Brothers Grimm...from what I can tell it goes right along with that fairy tale. Fun fact #2, Shannon Hale lives right here in Utah! South Jordan to be exact and she is LDS, attended the U and did I mention she is right in our backyard?? Figuratively speaking? I can't wait to acquire the rest of the books!

1 comment:

  1. We love her books too here in the Edmunds home. Nadine has all of the young adult series books (bet she'd loan you one). She's a bit peeved that the covers now have real life gals because now here books' styles don't match. She's in therapy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete