9.09.2010

San Francisco - Day #1

Paul and I were up at four in the morning to catch our flight. The dog was at my mom's for the week to play with his new buddy, Ruger. I had my new patch on in hopes that I wouldn't get nausea for once and puke once we landed. I'll spoil the climatic ending to that story right now and say no. No it did not. All you fools who can fly without puking, and fly while reading and watching tv at that, can suck my big toe.

Okay moving forward.

After arriving in San Fran and making our way to all the good stuff, we parked and walked along the Piers. We couldn't check in till four so had lots of time to check out Pier 39 and the Warf
If I had one of these outside my home (free) I would eat fruit a lot more often. It all looks so appetizing...not like fruit in the grocery store...unless of course you shop at Harmons. Which I don't.
Paul at the end of Fisherman's Warf. A few days later we ran the piers, through the warf, along that long dock behind him in the picture and back out, then up a hill to another pier and a park and then back to the hotel. Pretty fun. Except we broke our feet.
Lots of fun things to look at while walking:
We saw this bakery that baked awesome bread that I just knew would be amazing. And not just because they were shaped like Alligators:
And crabs:

And cute turtles riding piggy back:
The street performers were fun. I love this guy and all the shiny 'robotic' dudes, and the pirates. Paul and I saw a circus act on the street by these three siblings that was just amazing but I'll give that one a post of its own. It's seriously fun to watch. At least it was in person:

We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe...a vacation tradition for me. This time I got a Hard Rock martini glass to add to my stash :) We walked tonz and saw tonz and it was after four and we decided to go and check in. We were staying at the Hyatt Regency. It was pretty fancy. These lights were so fun to look at:
And they had old fashioned looking elevators so you could see everything while you were in them, including those lights, that weird sphere thing, and the indoor river. Pretty cool!!!

1 comment:

  1. That bakery is sooo cool! Looks like a fabulous way to start your vaycay. (Oh, and I'll be over tomorrow to suck your big toe.)

    ReplyDelete